No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On DVD: Raintree County with Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift last night; also on DVD :The International with Clive Owen today.

At the actual movies: Water for Elephants with Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson (saw this last week but GW was acting wonky so I didn't get to post til now)

IHS
    sigpic

Comment

Run Silent, Run Deep (1958)

Oldie but goodie! Gotta love submarine movies
      "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
      ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Tombstone- pretty cool movie, Doc Holliday was just awesome.

Lawrence of Arabia- hard not to get lost in the scenery of this, but the end parts were kind of hard to watch.

Comment

Bolt - love that movie, always makes me feel happy after I see it.

and on the other end of the spectrum

Idiocracy - crazy but fun. But be sure to watch it from the beginning so you understand the culture. Otherwise you'll think it's just stupid like I did the 1st time I saw it.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
            Idiocracy - crazy but fun. But be sure to watch it from the beginning so you understand the culture. Otherwise you'll think it's just stupid like I did the 1st time I saw it.
            Isn't it a little scary? I could kinda foresee that kind of a future.

Comment

on VCD

Terminator Salvation
              Hoodwinked
              Paul Blart; Mall Cop

Of the three, Terminator Salvation was worth watching, but not exactly to be hyper about, though enjoyable.

Hoodwinked was just too danged silly to not like. Twitchy the Squrril was soooooo cute!

Mall Cop I enjoyed, though it was well made, never seen a moving in a mall before, so that was a new eperiance

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The Godfather part 1
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

On DVD: Transporter 3

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The Godfather Part 2
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

The Godfather: Part 3
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

In theaters:
                        POTC: On Stranger Tides (very good but not as awesome as 1-3 IMO)
                        Fast Five (awesomeness!!)

On tv:
                        Mamma Mia! (I loved it but I have a weakness for ABBA so it might just be me )
                        Alvin and the Chipmunks (pretty descent)
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Priest
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                            Priest
                            I just saw this as well. If there was ever a movie which would have been helped by the audience reading the graphic novel it is this film.

I found I really did not care about the characters and what was happening during the film. I could see *why* I'm supposed to care, but there wasn't enough of anything there for me to build a sense of caring. Pretty much zero emotional equity.

A lot of cliche action sequences. A bit of Matrix and such, but nothing that made me say, "Wow! I haven't seen that before."

Can't say I recommend it. It is good cheap movie night fare, perhaps as a rental.

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                              I just saw this as well. If there was ever a movie which would have been helped by the audience reading the graphic novel it is this film.

I found I really did not care about the characters and what was happening during the film. I could see *why* I'm supposed to care, but there wasn't enough of anything there for me to build a sense of caring. Pretty much zero emotional equity.

A lot of cliche action sequences. A bit of Matrix and such, but nothing that made me say, "Wow! I haven't seen that before."

Can't say I recommend it. It is good cheap movie night fare, perhaps as a rental.

regards,
                              G.
                              Still better than Twilight
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                                Still better than Twilight
                                Anything is better than Twilight
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X