No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snatch, again. Seriously brilliant movie. Just a fun watch throughout. So very quotable and just awesome.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Snatch, again. Seriously brilliant movie. Just a fun watch throughout. So very quotable and just awesome.
      You just like saying the title with impunity, admit it. lol, nah Snatch is a great movie.

Comment

On TV: Red Dragon

Hear, hear!

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        You just like saying the title with impunity, admit it. lol, nah Snatch is a great movie.
        I'm not afraid to admit it - Snatch is a great movie.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Underworld
          Underworld - Evolution
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

I saw Rock N Rolla first, which is basically the same storyline type but different characters, so when I saw Snatch I was kind of bored and figured out alot of what was going to happen. I did love Rock N Rolla alot though - good movie.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

RocknRolla was a lot of fun. Definitely liked Snatch better though; better/more memorable characters, funnier, etc.

Watching Toy Story 3 right now. Goodness me this is a depressing movie

edit; but Spanish Buzz is hilarious
              Last edited by DigiFluid; 23 February 2011, 10:20 PM.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Burlesque. I thought it was a pretty average musical. Not anything special, but entertaining enough.
                sigpic

Comment

Snatch is awesome!

Last night a friend and I went to see Paul. We enjoyed it immensely. I was really tickled by all the cultural references throughout the film. Do go and see it. This is not a recommendation.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

On TV:
                    Aliens
                    Deficit

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Salt

Meh. Wouldn't recommend it. Action is okay, the story is another thing....
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

The King's Speech

Quite good.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Watching the social network right now. Find it kind of boring actually, not sure why it got so much attention.

Comment

On Blu-Ray: Dead Space: Aftermath

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Watching the social network right now. Find it kind of boring actually, not sure why it got so much attention.
                            Ya know that is one movie that has never, ever appealed to me. I never saw it at the cinema and I've no intention of getting it on DVD or Blu-Ray or seeing it on TV. Right from when I first heard about it I personally just thought it was a boring subject. Facebook's story is maybe worthy of being told in a documentary at best. The movie is just cashing-in on a success story IMHO.

Comment

Last night, I watched The King's Speech with a lady friend. It was easily one of the best films I've seen in the past 10 years, armed with a powerful message. It's something that someone should watch at least once.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                Ya know that is one movie that has never, ever appealed to me. I never saw it at the cinema and I've no intention of getting it on DVD or Blu-Ray or seeing it on TV. Right from when I first heard about it I personally just thought it was a boring subject. Facebook's story is maybe worthy of being told in a documentary at best. The movie is just cashing-in on a success story IMHO.
                                It didn't really appeal much to me either, but I thought since it got a Best Picture nod that I may have been wrong. Not really, at all.

I found the directing uninspired, the sets/colour palette/cinematography boring, and the story entirely too kind to Zuckerberg himself. Jesse Eisenberg's acting was pretty good, but that's really the only part of the movie I thought was any good.

I also tend to think of a movie as being good if it stands the test of time and is still enjoyable in 10, 20, 30+ years. Back to the Future, The Godfather, films like these are still enjoyable decades after they were made. The Social Network is a (not very good IMO) docu about a social networking website that, in all likelihood, will be gone and forgotten in 20-30 years time. Watching it will probably be about as engaging as watching a film about ICQ would be today.

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                Last night, I watched The King's Speech with a lady friend. It was easily one of the best films I've seen in the past 10 years, armed with a powerful message. It's something that someone should watch at least once.
                                100% agreed. Fantastic movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X