No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Anthony Hopkins' new movie The Rite earlier tonight. I usually try to watch any new films that Hopkins' appears in and I'm usually not disappointed. This movie definitely didn't disappoint in terms of emotional intensity. I wouldn't classify this movie as horror. I think "religious drama" would be a far more accurate description.

Hopkins definitely showed off his diction skills in this one. The Italian and Latin flowed from him with a natural fluency that's rather astounding to watch. I wonder how much experience he's had with the two languages because large blocks of text almost effortlessly streamed from him throughout the movie.

The character of Michael Kovak annoyed me throughout most of the film as he basically came off as weak. After the movie ended and a little more reflection and thought though, I think Kovak was supposed to feel week to the audience. If that was the intent, that was definitely what I perceived. He only gained real strength as a character at the very end of the movie.

It was definitely a good film to watch if you like Anthony Hopkins' performances.

Edit: For those who follow Doctor Who regularly, Toby Jones, the actor who played the Dream Lord, has a small but notable roll in the Rite as a rather quirky priest. I had hoped he would be in more of the movie actually. His character, mannerisms and accent are vastly different from the Dream Lord. That's definitely a testament to Toby Jones' theatrical prowess.
    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 07 February 2011, 11:07 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

The Social Network. Great movie. Very... David Fincher. A very awesome bunch of characters being very grey-morality people.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

On TV: Fast & Furious

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The Wrestler, with Mickey Rourke owning every scene, and Tropic Thunder, with Robert Downey Jr. owning every scene, with a side order of Tom Cruise being hilarious. Both good movies.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

I recently just saw The Roommate, if you like the movie single white female , this is it , but with younger people

A movie I reccommend is True Grit that movie is awesome !!
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

On TV: Daybreakers

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Gattaca - excellent job by Ethan Hawke
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

the last movie i saw was tangled and it was amazing

Comment

On TV: Layover starring David Hasslehoff and Yvonne Scio.

On DVD: Street Kings starring Keanu Reeves and Forest Whitaker.

Comment

L'Illusionniste

The french are some depressed little ..... Very little dialogue in the movie, mostly universal body language. It was ok.

Comment

On JTV:
                        Finding Nemo
                        Supercop (Police Story III)
                        Cat Returns

At Tokyo Disneyland
                        Several different shows all silly and worth it, to much to name!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Kick Ass
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Let Me In. Awesome little film, very creepy but in the same sort-of way, very sweet. Brilliant job by the two leads, especially Chloe Moretz. And before anyone starts in about how I should've watched the Swedish original version, I'm gonna say that this film was still brilliant in itself, and watching it all Swedish-y would probably distract me more than anything.

Comment

Ghost Rider
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

On TV: Virtuosity

Comment

Working...
                                X