No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unstoppable was good yeah? I need to see The King's Speech. Watched Scott Pilgrim when it came out, obviously dedicated to gamers, it was ok, not that big of a gamer myself.

Watch Push, it was pretty fun. Glad that little girl didn't scream a lot like in that movie with Tom Cruise. Kinda creative with their powers but think there might be more creativity involved. Don't understand how the fortune telling power works if it can be thrown off by not revealing actions before the last second.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
      Unstoppable was good yeah? I need to see The King's Speech. Watched Scott Pilgrim when it came out, obviously dedicated to gamers, it was ok, not that big of a gamer myself.

Watch Push, it was pretty fun. Glad that little girl didn't scream a lot like in that movie with Tom Cruise. Kinda creative with their powers but think there might be more creativity involved. Don't understand how the fortune telling power works if it can be thrown off by not revealing actions before the last second.
      Glad you enjoyed Push. I recently watched the director's cut of Watchmen. Rorschach is a total badass.

As for the prescience power in Push, I think that the timing of when someone commits to an act or a thought is just as important as what act or thought they're committing to.
      sigpic

Comment

She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. John Wayne needed an Academy Award for that...so great. It was one of the most expensive westerns of the time. 1.6 million. The scenery was beautiful. Great old movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          Glad you enjoyed Push. I recently watched the director's cut of Watchmen. Rorschach is a total badass.

As for the prescience power in Push, I think that the timing of when someone commits to an act or a thought is just as important as what act or thought they're committing to.
          Rorschach's Journal, January 17, 2011.

Hrhmm.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
            Rorschach's Journal, January 17, 2011.

Hrhmm.
            Rorschach's Journal, continued. A pimp decided to be smacky with a lady, and I thus made sure he was smacked in return. A sailor near the Front Street bar got way too drunk. I sent him sailing. I smelled the city and made sure the city could smell me in return...in so many ways. In other words, today was another day in the city. And like any other day, I've got everything under control.
            sigpic

Comment

This was just hilarious:

Laurie Juspeczyk: Hey, you remember that guy? The one who pretended to be a supervillain so he could get beaten up?
              Dan Dreiberg: Oh, You mean Captain Carnage. Ha ha ha! He was one for the books.
              Laurie: You're telling me! I remember, I caught him coming out of this jeweller's. I didn't know what his racket was. I start hitting him and I think "Jeez! He's breathing funny! Does he have asthma?

Dan: Ha Ha Ha. He tried that with me, only I'd heard about him, so I just walked away. He follows me down the street in broad daylight, right? He's saying "PUNISH me! PUNISH ME!" I'm saying "No! Get lost!"

Laurie: Ha Ha Ha. What ever happened to him?

Dan: Well, he pulled it on Rorschach, and Rorschach dropped him down an elevator shaft.

Comment

Percy and the Olympians, the Lightning Thief

Nice movie. Obviously aimed at the early teen group but decent enough for adults. Of course, I'm a big fan of greek mythology so that may have made enough of a difference for me to enjoy it. Although they didn't they didn't follow that mythology exactly. When Percy was battlling the Hydra I kept trying to figure out where they were going to get fire, and they didn't use it at all.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  Percy and the Olympians, the Lightning Thief

Nice movie. Obviously aimed at the early teen group but decent enough for adults. Of course, I'm a big fan of greek mythology so that may have made enough of a difference for me to enjoy it. Although they didn't they didn't follow that mythology exactly. When Percy was battlling the Hydra I kept trying to figure out where they were going to get fire, and they didn't use it at all.
                  I watched the Lightning Thief late last month for the first time. I didn't think I would like the movie but I ended up enjoying it because of the rather creative use of Greek mythology—Medusa and Hades in particular.
                  sigpic

Comment

The books are much better. Very early to mid teens, but I enjoyed them. Sarcastic first person teenager was sarcastic, and the Greek mythos twists were great fun.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The A-Team on DVD. It was actually quite fun.

Spoiler:
                      Everything from when they're flying the tank to when they crash into the lake where the old man is fishing with dynamite is absolutely hilarious. The way his wife smiled after the fishing boat overturned was just perfect.
                      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

On DVD: [REC]

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The King's Speech- was fantastic, very well done, acting and writing.

Comment

Twilight: Eclipse

Do you really want a recommendation?

Charlie St. Cloud a couple of days ago. Simple but sweet.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I saw Charlie St. Cloud on DVD Sunday. Like LoneStar said, simple but sweet.

IHS
                              sigpic

Comment

On TV: Full Metal Jacket

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X