What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attack The Block
    A group of weed-smoking British street thugs defend their neighborhood against an alien invasion. It was slightly more fun to write that previous sentence than it was to sit through the movie. This was on the verge of being a B-Film, but it wasn't too bad. Not worth the money to rent it, but if it's on and you have nothing better to do I'd say give it a go.

@Falcon Horus, I have Troy but haven't watched it yet. You say that Pompeii was more accurate, but was Troy a 'bad' movie despite the inaccuracies?

Comment

Hitman: Agent 47

sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
      ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

@Kenn
        What did you think of Hitman? I know it's based on video games by the same name. I haven't played them, but I was somewhat interested in seeing the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
          @Kenn
          What did you think of Hitman? I know it's based on video games by the same name. I haven't played them, but I was somewhat interested in seeing the movie.
          I liked the first Hitman (2007) which made me want to watch this one. The first one was good as far as video game adaptations and action flicks go and it had an added plus with the addition of Olga Kurylenko. This one was ok, pretty much the same type of action but the plot felt a little rushed. They left it open-ended for a part 3.
          sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Comment

Oh, I didn't know this was the second. Does the story continue from the first to the second or are they completely independent films?

Comment

Gods Of Egypt
              Great visual effects, good acting, good storyline. Definitely worth seeing.

Europa Report
              I don't know if it eventually gets good but I didn't even make it to the halfway point. It was so incredibly boring.

Comment

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

DVD: Death Race (2008)

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
                    Oh, I didn't know this was the second. Does the story continue from the first to the second or are they completely independent films?
                    It continues from Agent 47's perspective.
                    sigpic

Comment

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Comment

Comment

Infini
                            Suspenseful Sci-Fi Thriller
                            They don't take the time to spoon feed you all the details or force the drama. This movie hits the ground running and you try to keep up with it along the way. Bit of a twist at the end, so I wouldn't recommend reading about it too much before you watch it, if you don't like spoilers. Definitely worth checking out. Great cast and acting.

FDR American Badass
                            Comedy
                            On a hunting trip Roosevelt gets bitten by a werewolf and contracts polio, but that doesn't stop him from using his pimped out wheelchair (laden with rocket launchers and machine guns) to take down the Nazis, Italians, and Japanese, and end prohibition. The best part of this movie was seeing Kevin Sorbo (who played Dylan Hunt on Andromeda) as a drug induced hallucination of Abraham Lincoln. This is a low budget film. The humor can be childish, course, and even gross in certain scenes, but it was funny enough the rest of the time to entertain me enough to finish watching it. They should've cast Will Ferrell in this one.

Comment

DVD: Ghostbusters

HAPPY
                              32nd ANNIVERSARY
                              GHOSTBUSTERS
                              8th JUNE, 1984 - 8th JUNE, 2016

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Iron Sky
                                Sci-Fi Comedy
                                After World War II the Nazis went to the dark side of the moon and built a large facility along with an armada of attack ships. Now several decades later they're ready to invade Earth. Abnormally good visual effects (especially during the battle scenes). Funny. Worth seeing once.

Comment

Working...
                                X