What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Die Welle//The Wave

AWESOME film, with the guy who acts as Cem in Türkisch für Anfänger (!) (Which is a hilarious series, also dubbed in English: Turkish for Beginners. One can see it on Youtube) along with several other famous German actors (!).

I dislike Hollywood films - all they are about is ... They are not so creative and they use explosions, swearing, violence and.... a certain other thing to get audiences, instead of acting talent. Not to say that they're aren't some talented actors, but most of them just become a face. I'm a fan of European films... and I think the New Age philosophy isn't as big there (but I could be misguided).

Anyway, this film is pretty "clean" by my standards. The subtitles are TERRIBLE! I mean, the character Marco is a bit of a pervert, but there are no scenes, the people aren't in those short shorts which are essentially underwear, there's no nudity and their tops are covered. Even if it's rated MA 15+ and I honestly don't see how that works, because I have seen far worse Ms and even PGs ! Some film companies pay the ratings out, though ...

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
      Really !?!

well Fantastic Mr. Fox is really good too , great movie
      Really,Really.
      GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Commander Sil is right about most Hollywood films, although I would recommend "Little Miss Sunshine". Surprisingly funny...
        If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
          Commander Sil is right about most Hollywood films, although I would recommend "Little Miss Sunshine". Surprisingly funny...
          Dude, the moment the son finds out he's colour blind. That moment! Crazy!
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            I feel the strong urge to vehemently agree with this statement. Even though, I'm a guy... Rachel McAdams was good in SH as well. And the plot was better than I expected.
            Rachel McAdams was awesome in it! I want to see more of her films because of SH. Although I think I will stick away from The Notebook.

Watched Planet 51, it was ok, could of been better. Interesting idea though.

Comment

Last movie i saw at the cinemaa was Inception and well that was pretty damn good.
              well deserved hype indeed.
              Last movie i saw all-in-all was Pan's Labyrinth and that was great, really good story and very entertaining.
              Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Rachel McAdams was awesome in it! I want to see more of her films because of SH. Although I think I will stick away from The Notebook.

Watched Planet 51, it was ok, could of been better. Interesting idea though.
                The Notebook isn't that bad. It's rather good, certainly an excellent film in its genre.

Rachel McAdams was also present in the "Time Traveler's Wife". I've seen that movie recently. I remember here being in "State Of Play" as well. And I think the first movie with her in it, that I saw, was "Wedding Crashers".

Comment

American History X about a bunch of neo-nazis, funny because it had the actor who played Sisko in DS9 and the actress who played Kes in ST:VOY.

Comment

Originally posted by McgillionFan View Post
                    Really,Really.
                    yes really
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Currently watching The Matrix
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                        Last movie i saw all-in-all was Pan's Labyrinth and that was great, really good story and very entertaining.
                        No, NO, NOOO! One of the worst movies I've seen. boring, pointless. Really pointless.
                        (although from what I understand people love or hate this movie - I've never seen any in between). It's in the category of starts depressing, depressing throughout the movie, ends depressing. Absolutely no reason to watch it.

On other movie fronts. Planet 51 was cute. Not great but fun to watch once.

Surrogates was interesting. I like Bruce Willis so that probably helped. It had flaws, but if you like type of movie it is, it's worth watching once.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                          American History X about a bunch of neo-nazis, funny because it had the actor who played Sisko in DS9 and the actress who played Kes in ST:VOY.
                          That's....not really a funny movie
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Last night I was forced to sit through Babylon AD starring Vin Diesel... NEVER WATCH THAT MOVIE! It's like having your eyes slowly pricked out with safety pins. I'm still in shock at how bad it was.
                            sigpic

Comment

T2
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                                No, NO, NOOO! One of the worst movies I've seen. boring, pointless. Really pointless.
                                (although from what I understand people love or hate this movie - I've never seen any in between). It's in the category of starts depressing, depressing throughout the movie, ends depressing. Absolutely no reason to watch it.
                                I'm in between. It's a good movie, but I've seen better. It has its charm, but by times it fails to attract my attention. I watched it once, and I liked it, but I don't love it, and I won't watch it again.
                                Last edited by Jper; 16 August 2010, 11:52 PM. Reason: Removing part of the quote to clarify which part I'm replying to, I'm talking about "Pan's Labyrinth" here. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X