No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see SALT with my fiance, Tuesday night.

It was a pretty good movie one that i enjoyed it was really good.Let me see here how can i describe this or think of a movie similar...hmm.
    *thinks*
    If you like thriller/action movies but then again calling it a thriller i'm not sure if that is a good term for it as i'm not to sure what you would class as a thriller lol.Ignore that haha.

Again i'm not to good at describing or explaining so i apologize but i would recommend it and f you go see it enjoy it.
    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Just fionished watching the Austrailian made Tawianese dubbed film Mr Nice Guy. Jackie at his best! worth a watch if you like good cooking and martial arts, which I do.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by McgillionFan View Post
        Went to see SALT with my fiance, Tuesday night.

It was a pretty good movie one that i enjoyed it was really good.Let me see here how can i describe this or think of a movie similar...hmm.
        *thinks*
        If you like thriller/action movies but then again calling it a thriller i'm not sure if that is a good term for it as i'm not to sure what you would class as a thriller lol.Ignore that haha.

Again i'm not to good at describing or explaining so i apologize but i would recommend it and f you go see it enjoy it.
        Interesting enough, I read an article on this movie.

It said the action was WAY over the top... almost to the point of being unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
          Interesting enough, I read an article on this movie.

It said the action was WAY over the top... almost to the point of being unbelievable.
          reminds me of a movie I once saw....... unless that was a dream I had, it sounds a lot like Matrix

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Tombstone

Excellent western film.

Comment

DC Showcase: Jonah Hex
              Not bad, though short. I know, I know, all of the DC Showcase things are shorts. This just kind of made me wish for something longer.

Green Lantern: First Flight
              I wasn't sure what to expect going into this, since I don't know anything about Green Lantern and the idea of a ring giving someone cosmic powers strikes me as a bit ridiculous. Yes, even more ridiculous than mutant humans or a man dressed as a giant bat. But I decided to give it a go, since you can usually count on DC Animated Originals to be pretty good.

This one had, as expected, fantastic animation. A few laughs, particularly when Hal was addressing council of guardian Smurfs. Some nice sequences in it too, particularly visiting the underworld bar on the criminal planet (before the fight). Reminded me very much of the Afterlife bar in Mass Effect 2. And it had really solid and well-animated action sequences sprinkled throughout.

Overall though....I dunno. Lots of unpronounceable names, talking alien squirrels, and an overly dramatic telling of a crisis I didn't care much about. Good voice acting though; Chris Meloni, Victor Garber, Tricia Helfer, Michael Madsen, Olivia D'Abo, and Kurtwood Smith? Solid.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Room - directed, starred in and produced by Tommy Wiseau.

Tragically awful but at the same time hilariously funny! "You're tearing me apart Lisa!"
                sigpic

Comment

Just saw the movie by Pixar/Disney, about a rat named Remy, sucvh a sweet film, saw it in original French, it was cool! I enjoyed it

Comment

Just went to see CATS & DOGS 2.

It was a really good movie.I enjoyed it more than the first.Even though it maybe for kids or more aimed at kids you still can get a laugh and a light hearted and really cool adventure.
                    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

The Maltese Falcon, the quintessential film noir.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

the Sidney Toler as Charlie Chan films are a must see for mystery nuts, I enjoyed them all

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          Just saw the movie by Pixar/Disney, about a rat named Remy, sucvh a sweet film, saw it in original French, it was cool! I enjoyed it
                          It wasn't originally in French, actually--it was just set in Paris. I'd be bummed if Pixar did a movie in French. O_o
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

For those who haven't seen them yet, the two movies that comprise the Blood & Ice Cream trilogy--Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz--are excellent. I definitely like to watch those two movies for relaxing fun & laughs. I'm greatly looking forward to the final movie in the trilogy, The World's End.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                              It wasn't originally in French, actually--it was just set in Paris. I'd be bummed if Pixar did a movie in French. O_o
                              Actaully there are french dubbed versions of the film sold in france, it is a good movie though

I'll never forget the time I rented Robin Hood by Disney in Spanish, now THAT was a silly movie

Comment

2012...ummm...yeah. I love John Cusack, but this movie was...not that great.

Comment

Working...
                                X