No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely Shaun of the Dead IMO. I really really liked Zombieland, but Shaun of the Dead is just too awesome
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I saw Japanese sci-fi movie Assault Girls. I like it.
      sigpic

Comment

I watched Pride and Prejudice yesterday, as well as Persuasion. Along with Pride and Prejudice (The Mini-Series) they are my two favorite Jane Austen book to movie adaptations.

I love both of them. Persuasion (the book and the movie) contain one of the most beautiful love letters ever written in literature. No one talks like that anymore...and that's sad.

I am now watching Shergar, a movie about the Irish thoroughbred. Can't wait for Secretariat to come out in October.

Comment

City Hunter, classic Jackie Chan
          sigpic

Comment

Hmm...just finished Shergar and then went to read about the real horse. I didn't like the movie. It was based on a true story, yes...but it took complete liberty with the events. Now granted, there are probably only a few people who actually know what happened with Shergar, and few stories have come out. But like I said, I believe this movie to be mostly fictional.

This movie got one thing right, however. There was no happy ending for the horse. In real life it was said that after the IRA didn't get their ransom they shot him to death...with a machine gun. Not a fun story, not a happy story. I would not recommend this movie.

Comment

The 2004 Thomas Jane version of The Punisher. I quite liked it, actually. Reminded me of an 80s action movie in its style and its dark humour. I just wish he'd kept the Punisher vest that he'd made on for the final showdown with Travolta.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Losers

When you account for the fact that it's a comic book movie, while A: There are a LOT of explosions and B: parts are cheesy, it's a pretty awesome film. Just remember that it's a comic book movie.

Great film, seriously. And it's nice to see Jeffery Dean Morgan in another comic book film, even if this one is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Watchmen. Chris Evans did a surprisingly awesome job as Jensen, and the rest of the cast was fantastic. The bad guy was a touch overacted, IMO, but he's a comic book bad guy. Overacting is a requirement.
                Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                sigpic
                dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Daredevil. Not quite so bad as I remember, but pretty damn boring. Colin Farrell was frelling awful, though.

Now I'm starting up Elektra, which I never bothered seeing in the first place.

edit; even Jennifer Garner looking all kinds of hot couldn't save this disaster. Seriously, what the hell did I just watch?
                  Last edited by DigiFluid; 26 July 2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Eagle eye
                    Spoiler:
                    on my new tv

Was pretty intriguing as a concept. Fast paced, lots of action, some surprises. Could be rewatched.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Now I'm starting up Elektra, which I never bothered seeing in the first place.

edit; even Jennifer Garner looking all kinds of hot couldn't save this disaster. Seriously, what the hell did I just watch?
                    It was pretty bad
                    You would've been better off just watching the trailer and leaving it at that...
                    sigpic

Comment

Just finished watching Jackie Chan's Who Am I, well worth it, silly at times too, but then again its Jackie Chan so why not some outragous silliness?!

Currentl;y in the middle of LOTR extended edition of Return of the King, an oldie but goody, and well worth it!

Next up is The Sword with Adam Cheng, made in 1980, a well made Chinese movie. Best part is I'm watching when I waken!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Snabba Cash. Best thriller I've seen in a long time. Brilliant preformances from all the actors, excellent script, and beautifuly directed. I can see why Daniel Espinosa (the director) was once considered for the directors chair for the new X-Men movie. I have no confidence at all in the American remake, which will star... wait for it..... Zac Efron. Hollywood will probably ruin another fantastic movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

Kill Bill, Vol 1.

It's Tarantino with Uma Mother****in' Thurman in the lead role. That's recommendation enough.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Valentines Day drowning in a vat of maple syrup probably would have been preferable
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              Kill Bill, Vol 1.

It's Tarantino with Uma Mother****in' Thurman in the lead role. That's recommendation enough.
                              I love the Kill Bill movies!

Comment

Dodgeball, good enough to give me an idea for a sig
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X