No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home from seeing Inception. A bit longer than it needed to be, but a good film nonetheless.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Cadillac Records - a new movie for me from 2008. About Leonard Chess and Chess records in the 50's and 60's. Which launched the carrers of Muddy Waters, Etta James, Howlin Wolf, Little Walter, and Chuck Berry. Came across it switching channels and it was quite interesting. It probably helps if you like the music.

Somethin the Lord Made was on HBO again today. It's a great made for HBO movie about Alfred Blaylock and Vivien Thomas pioneering new surgical techniques and the 1st cardiac surgery. Mos Def does a great job.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

eclipse last night it was nice to be with someone who could explain ti.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          eclipse last night it was nice to be with someone who could explain ti.
          I'll get the antipsychotics
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I like Twilight too. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I just like it. I saw it once and it is enough for me.

The last movie I saw was StarGate : Continuum
            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I'll get the antipsychotics
              i want pancakes
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Watched AvP:R last night. Meh.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Uncle Buck, John Candy is LEGENDARY!
                  sigpic

Comment

I watched Akira, was fantastic. I was surprised even though it got to be unbelievable after halfway-ish. Plenty of schoolboy humor.

Comment

Last movie I saw was Wild Wild West, with Will Smith, etc.

I loved the movie as a kid, and while parts of it had me going "OMG SERIOUSLY?", I thought it was, overall, a pretty decent movie. If you don't pay too much attention to their attempt at plot.
                      Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                      "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                      sigpic
                      dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Kick-Ass

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Kick-Ass
                          Like it, love it or hate it?
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Indifferent, mostly. Had a few laughs, but past that I didn't find it terribly remarkable.

Comment

I just got done watching Zombieland. Now there's a fun movie

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                I just got done watching Zombieland. Now there's a fun movie
                                I'm still debating which movie is better.

Shaun of the Dead, or Zombieland. Not really sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X