What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3:10 To Yuma, the remake.

A western movie, not bad. Has a good cast.

Edit - I'd also like to add, this movie has me wanting to play Red Dead Redemption

Comment

Fantastic Mr. Fox , very good movie funny and interesting
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Iron Man 2. Dude, the first one was awesome, and the sequel? Even more so, I swear, Robert Downey Jr. was born to play Tony Stark. He certainly plays the self-destructive idiot pretty well.
        Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
        "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
        sigpic
        dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Watched 2 movies on cable yesterday one good, one very bad

Good - Public Enemies (Johnny Depp as John Dillinger) - was much better than I thought it would be.

Bad - Law Abiding Citizen - so ridiculous I don't have words (and very very gory - not what I thought this movie was about). If you want to butcher people and blow things up without a remotely reasonable plot make a horror movie.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Diary of the Dead

Not Mr. Romero's finest entry by any means, but I do appreciate the Blair Witch/handheld approach to filming it. Helped to give the film a more 'real' and visceral feel throughout.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. OH yes.

Comment

Last movie i saw well in the theatres was "Predators."

I though it was ok,not to bad.I'm not to familiar with the predator or alien movies and not sure if there connected i know the movie AVP (Alien vs Predator). It was ok.Watching it i was actully waiting for a dinosaur to come out and chase them. Few of the locations reminded me of Jurassic park lol.Not to gorey not to bloody so if your not one for blood i think you'll be ok for this movie. If your not i apoligise and don't listen to me again lol.

Hope you enjoy it for those of you who go watch it.
                GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Survival of the Dead

Oh man, pretty much the most anti-Irish movie I've ever seen. The worst of it is that it's not even blatant and out there, but made PLAINLY obvious because the big conflict of the movie is two rival Irish guys arguing and battling over who should run things on the island *facepalms*
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Others

Wow, I really liked this film.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Survival of the Dead

Oh man, pretty much the most anti-Irish movie I've ever seen. The worst of it is that it's not even blatant and out there, but made PLAINLY obvious because the big conflict of the movie is two rival Irish guys arguing and battling over who should run things on the island *facepalms*
                      To be fair, I think we could've replaced them with Scotsmen and the movie wouldn't change a much. Plus, Irish guys are fun. (And I think I liked the morally dubious Americans on the sidelines more than the crazed Irishmen.)
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Clash of the Titans (edtion 2010) An enjoyable movie, though I personally perfer the Kraken from POTC over this one, oh great there goes the fanfic muse O.o

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

First time I've seen this movie since it was in theaters. I don't really like what they did with it. The editing sucks--the movie should've been at least 45 minutes shorter. The action sequences are way over the top; this isn't Lord of the Rings. And the casting is just awful, the only choice I actually liked was Tilda Swinton as the White Witch.

Now I'm watching Aladdin for the first time in years. By far the funniest thing that Gilbert Gottfried has ever done
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 18 July 2010, 12:37 AM.

Comment

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

I hadn't seen this till tonight, because of how let down I was by the first film. Fortunately however, the second film in the franchise saw significant improvements over the first. The choices in direction and cinematography are vastly improved in this second film, as is the colour palette.

More than anything else I was impressed with the improvement of the Lucy and Edmund actors. It's hard to imagine them being any worse than they were in the first film, but they tended to be much more believable this time around. I only wish that the Peter and Susan actors had also taken some classes or something before getting to work on this movie. I was also fairly pleased with the actor they chose to portray Caspian as well. He's still not quite what I envision when reading the books, but he does a respectable enough job.

Imagine my amazement when, after being so bitterly disappointed with the first film, I'm actually quite looking forward to Voyage of the Dawn Treader after seeing this one.

Still runs a bit long though. I'm hoping they hire a better editor for the next one.

Comment

Robin Hood: Men In Tights, classic. nuff sed
                              sigpic

Comment

Avatar, in IMAX. This was an incredible experience.
                                My Stargate Music Videossigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X