What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
    I usually find del Toro gets great visuals but is lacking in the plot department
    Pan's Labyrinth was good in both departments (but no international version, only spanish)

Comment

On DVD, Ultimate Versus by Ruyhei Kitamura

There are 777 paralells across the world, at each one something occurs. Some people protect these places, others strive to control them, others want to destroy them. In Japan there is one of these places. Controlled by gangsters, known as the 444th Paralle. Known commonly as the Forest of Ressurection. Within this Forest. Two men meet to define the balance. One of them, known simply as Prisoner KSC3203 {Tak Sakaguchi} cannot remember when he was last there. And yet he is in his element. His foe, known simply as The Man {Hideo Sakaki} strives to destroy him. Having already killed him once for killing someone vital to his ultimate plan. The Man has waited 500 years to face his foe again

Unrated Directors Cut of the film in completely remastered vision and extended and new scenes. Recommended for mature audiences. Music written and composed by Nubuhiko Morino. Effects are cheesey, but the story is well versed with good action.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

DVD: Alien, yup now I gotta watch Aliens! But I'll skip 3 and 4...

Comment

I saw PACIFIC RIM in theaters today. Quizziard was right on the money. My biggest complaints, I didn't care for the lead actor's performance and I felt that the ending was very underwhelming compared to the rest of the film.

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD on DVD. What can I say?! It is a shame this film is attached to the Die Hard franchise. I think it might have worked as a popcorn action flick, but connecting it to the Die Hard franchise made it seem far more ridiculous than it could have been as a stand alone.

Comment

TV

Life of Pi [HD]

A very beautiful film which I now regret not seeing in theater. I wholeheartedly reccommend it.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

HBS DVD George Carlin On Location, Doin' It Again, Back in Town, Life is Worth Losing

I miss Geroge Carlin!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                I miss Geroge Carlin!
                I think we all do.

And I thought I would mention since I didn't above, Pacific Rim is definitely worth seeing, if only for the stunning visuals. What I said sounded like I was disappointed. Only in the points I mentioned. The spectacular visuals make it a must see in theaters. Just don't have high expectations of seeing the greatest story ever told. It is Del Toro; you'll be entertained.

Comment

MOVIE 43 - WOW! I totally understand what they were trying to do (THINK MOVIES FROM THE 70's & 80's LIKE KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE), but what a misfire. I am not saying it is bad. Some of the shorts were very entertaining. Others just tried to rely on gross-out humor, which almost never works for me. It is a shame that there are so many actors I love in this movie and it didn't turn out better. Again, there are some good parts, but with that cast the whole thing should have been outstanding. Most of the material just didn't meet the level of the performers who agreed to do it.

Comment

TV (rented) -- Les Misérables

Nothing beats the musical version I saw in London (when Nick Jonas was playing Marius) but damn Anne Hathaway is one talented lady.

If you don't want to sit in a theater for long, I suggest you watch this movie adaptation of the musical.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Blu-Ray: Kalifornia

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Blu-Ray: Kalifornia
                        Alan, what did you think? I can't decided if that movie is brilliant or terrible. I have seen it a few times and purchased the Blu-Ray, but I have not opened it yet. I know it seems odd to purchase the Blu-Ray when I can't decide if it is brilliant or terrible, but it wasn't expensive and I wanted to have it in case the coin flip eventually comes down on brilliant. Does it look good/bad/meh on BD?

Comment

On DVD: CATS, Blazing Saddles, History of the World part 1, Abbott & Costello in Buck Privates, Abbott & Costello in Hold that Ghost, The Hunger Games

On Youtube: Assassin's Creed {The Movie}, Assassin's Creed II {The Movie}

All good films.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            On DVD: CATS, Blazing Saddles, History of the World part 1, Abbott & Costello in Buck Privates, Abbott & Costello in Hold that Ghost, The Hunger Games

On Youtube: Assassin's Creed {The Movie}, Assassin's Creed II {The Movie}

All good films.

I love and own all of the the Abbott & Costello movies on DVD (Hold That Ghost is one I watch a few times a year), but it saddens me that your highness would say The Hunger Games is a good film.

Comment

Die Hard with a Vengeance
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Rodan

Comment

Working...
                                X