What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Either of you ever read Earth Abides? That was a great post-apocalyptic book.
    No, but now that I know about I will add to my to-read list
    sigpic

Comment

Just lately

Absolutely agreed. I find his movies are best when they're part of the View Askewniverse. This one....didn't really do it.

Good for you

Leon today. For such a well-known and well-received film, I'm a bit underwhelmed. Oh and I watched Spider-Man 3 for the first time last night. It sucked.
      im guessing you must be on summer holidays as well

yeh to me zack and miri felt like he was trying to make a judd atapow movie, should have stayed with the view askewniverse we all loved

as for spiderman 3, why just why it was just so stupid

just watched whip it, actually brilliant, its sort of like your typical sports team cinderella story but with a few twists, oh and the sport is roller derby

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
        im guessing you must be on summer holidays as well
        Nah just unemployed
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I recently watched Toy Story 3, at the insistence of a friend. Though animated films are definitely not my cup of tea, this one is actually pretty good.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
            I recently watched Toy Story 3, at the insistence of a friend. Though animated films are definitely not my cup of tea, this one is actually pretty good.
            As long as you're trying animated films, How to Train Your Dragon is a really good one.

I just saw Despicable Me today. I wasn't expecting much (especially since I've never seen anything of note from Universal's animation), but it was surprisingly funny and almost touching. I had a fun time.
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              Bbbbbbut it's Pixar! They haven't made a bad film yet!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The original Day of the Dead.

Comment

Bbbbbbut it's Pixar! They haven't made a bad film yet!
                  If I have to babysit one more kid who wants to watch Cars I will not be responsible for my actions
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    If I have to babysit one more kid who wants to watch Cars I will not be responsible for my actions
                    LOL

That was the lowest-rated Pixar film, critically speaking.
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

cars never happen >.>
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Land of the Dead

Comment

Land of the Dead
                          Zombie movie with "self-aware" corpses. what more could you ask for?

Comment

Heh

George Romero is a genius, as far as I'm concerned. Even though there's parts of all of his movies that may not be the best, his body of work is far more than the sum of its parts IMO.

Dan O'Bannon: eat your heart out.

Comment

Mongul - pretty excellent documentary style film of Genghis Khan's beginnings. Very believable and humane story. Too bad I don't understand Chinese or Mongol so couldn't get the full impact of the film from its original language, whichever it was.

Comment

Clash of the Titans (2010) - I like it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X