This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ brain

i've been watching he's been tearing into NBC so much and there's nothing stopping him
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      @ brain

i've been watching he's been tearing into NBC so much and there's nothing stopping him
      Except that contract he signed with NBC
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Interesting how this whole debacle has ended pretty well for Conan. He's getting paid over $30 million just for moving from New York to Los Angeles and working for seven months. He shouldn't be bashing NBC, he should be thanking them.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
          Interesting how this whole debacle has ended pretty well for Conan. He's getting paid over $30 million just for moving from New York to Los Angeles and working for seven months. He shouldn't be bashing NBC, he should be thanking them.
          he get's the money no matter what why not literary laugh all the way to the bank.

Comment

he get's the money no matter what why not literary laugh all the way to the bank.
            But if he burns too many bridges, he could ruin his chance to get the Tonight Show back when Leno really retires in 5 to 10 years.

Comment

But if he burns too many bridges, he could ruin his chance to get the Tonight Show back when Leno really retires in 5 to 10 years.
              they'll never give it back.

Comment

I think that ship has sailed. Its unlikely NBC will ever hire Conan back. Although I have seen stranger things
                Jelgate is right

Comment

@ brain

Conan bested a 4.8 HH rating in the 18 to 49 age demo. That was his highest rating, and higher than Jay Leno's 3.4 HH rating for his final show.

We will see Conan again, well after September since he cannot host another show after that according to his contract with NBC.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Conan bested a 4.8 HH rating in the 18 to 49 age demo. That was his highest rating, and higher than Jay Leno's 3.4 HH rating for his final show.

We will see Conan again, well after September since he cannot host another show after that according to his contract with NBC.
                    But lets be honest the only reason he got those number was because of the controversey
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      But lets be honest the only reason he got those number was because of the controversey
                      Yes and no.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I think that ship has sailed. Its unlikely NBC will ever hire Conan back. Although I have seen stranger things
                        Conan said on his last show that he's not bitter.

NBC is a company, not some kind of self aware monster. Whether or not they ask Conan to come back will depend on who's running the company when Jay leaves. It's highly unlikely that NBC will have all the same executives 5 or 10 years from now when Leno really retires. NBC might ask Conan to come back if there are enough new executives working at the company who don't have a grudge against him.

Comment

Conan said on his last show that he's not bitter.

NBC is a company, not some kind of self aware monster. Whether or not they ask Conan to come back will depend on who's running the company when Jay leaves. It's highly unlikely that NBC will have all the same executives 5 or 10 years from now when Leno really retires. NBC might ask Conan to come back if there are enough new executives working at the company who don't have a grudge against him.
                          Lets say I don't 100% believe Conan. Good PR and all that stuff for if he wants a job from another network

That is why I said its at least possible but given the controversey NBC has generated thier will have to be quite an incentive for Conon to be hired by NBC again
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                            Yeah he's Scottish.

He also did an interview with Robert Carlyle.
                            Here's the link if you haven't seen it.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9pT7pPhPP0
                            Actually, he's an American of Scottish heritage.
                            He wrote a very funny book called American on Purpose.
                            Last edited by VSS; 06 February 2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                              Actually, he's an American of Scottish heritage.
                              He wrote a very funny book called American on Purpose.
                              He's Scottish-American. I would still call him Scottish since he was born in Scotland and he didn't get his American citizenship until 2008.
                              sigpic

Comment

i miss conan his last week on the tonight show was hillerous

Comment

Working...
                                X