This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
    Oh dear, jmoz is singing the Cardigans now.
    I can't think of anyoneeee but youuuuuuuuuuu

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
      I wasn't talking about church stuff but about war and peace in logical concepts. One becomes meaningless without the existence of its opposite concept. Think of it like the number line. If you took away all the positive numbers, you have no need for negative numbers because even variant degrees of positivity would imply negativity and vice versa. You'd just have 0's, meaningless. I'm all for love and peace and all that jazz, I was just saying one concept has no meaning if you vanquish the other concept that gives it meaning.
      Well he was, which is why I said that you missed my point.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

I can't think of anyoneeee but youuuuuuuuuuu
        Can you hit that high? I really do adore that song.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
          Can you hit that high? I really do adore that song.
          Really? I shall inform your significant other...if you have one....
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Well he was, which is why I said that you missed my point.
            No I didn't.

As in we never had all peace there for to even argue about not knowing what peace is without war is moot. It's pointless to argue that. Now on a level yeah, I agree with the theory. However that doesn't justify war nor does it justify the idea that you have to accept it or agree with it. MLK Jr. mean that we have to evolve beyond war and peace, that the starting point of that evolution is to go beyond these concepts. Obviously him being a Church leader, would have seen God as the way to evolve into a higher form of being.

That we can diminish the evils of this world through the Lord. And his ways are Love, Peace, and brotherhood. Forget what you may think of Christians in general and throughout history, this is what he believed and what I believe.
            He didn't say in the quote that we had to evolve beyond war AND peace. He was only talking about war and its subsequent causes. And I was saying, without a little bit of war and hardships/hate, peace and love would have no meaning.

Comment

Really? I shall inform your significant other...if you have one....
              You can tell my cat but he already knows.
              sigpic

Comment

Please send your prayers and drop a kind word, she's a nice person, I think she.
                Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                Spoiler:
                Hello, everyone,

I'm sending everyone this message because I have a very important prayer request I'd like to make to anyone willing to listen.

This past June, my grand-aunt, Norma Jones, suffered a severe and sudden brain aneurysm. She has been in and out of the hospital and various nursing homes ever since. Although she is not in a coma, she is largely unresponsive save for very tiny things, like when something feels uncomfortable or when someone is moving/touching her. She can open her eyes, breathe on her own, and swallow, but she cannot move her body voluntarily or recognize anything/anyone (as far as we know).

As far as I know, besides the damage the aneurysm did, she is in okay health. However, the immediate family (namely, her children, my dad's cousins) have decided to take her off her feeding tube as of Monday, partly because of her wish not to live in such a condition were anything of this nature to ever happen to her.

She is at home now, and according to the doctors, she will only live about 7-10 days more without the feeding tube.

My parents and I visited her on Saturday, and seeing her conscious and awake again, although she is voluntarily unresponsive, has made me realize that I cannot give up hope on her even now, when it seems that her life is now on a time limit. She has already had a miraculous recovery so far under the circumstances--70% of people who have the type of aneurysm she did do not survive past the first few hours, and of the 30% that do, very few make it past the next 48 hours. She has survived for 3 months. I see no reason to give up now on the possibility of more recovery, although the doctors have said that there is a 1 in a million chance that she will gain anything more back than she already has.

Of course, I am as unsure of God's will in this situation as anybody, but I am choosing not to give up hope until the definite end, and I would like to ask if you could please relay this story to anyone you know, because she and the family desperately need the added prayers.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Please send your prayers and drop a kind word, she's a nice person, I think she.
                  Brain function can still improve up until about 6 months...slim hope but I have seen quite good late recoveries. Don't want to give false hope though..
                  http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                  sigpic

Comment

Without hate or war, there would be no such concept as love or peace. It'd have no meaning without the opposite giving it perspective.
                    Not sure I agree, but I see where you are coming from
                    although I dont need sickness or pain to appreciate health and pain free.
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

This has nothing to do with the previous conversation, it's just a cool video.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

I think we should all toast Parmesan rinds.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think YOU should toast Parmesan rinds and share it with the rest of us.

Comment

I think YOU should toast Parmesan rinds and share it with the rest of us.
                            I did and they were very good.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wonders when Girlbot version 2.01 comes out??
                              http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
                                Wonders when Girlbot version 2.01 comes out??
                                After the new upgrades
                                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                                Sig by The Carpenter
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X