This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best book your read in '09!

With 2009 almost gone, I thought it would be nice to remember the best book you read this year.

My was the Book Theif by Markus Zusak. It was an OMG, Crush, not break, your heart book. I was crying so hard by the time I reach the end, I barely could see the print. But I love it, it a very excellent story. That I will read again.
    sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Errr, Books written in 09? Or Books that we read this year.

Comment

The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
      Then I also read No Country for Old Men by him too. Also, excellent.

I just finished In The Woods by Tana French, and it was also fantastic. Highly recommended if you like mystery/thriller/police

Comment

Arguing with Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
          Arguing with Idiots
          Arguing with Idiots is definitely on the reading list in the near future, along with Stephen King's The Green Mile, three other stories , and at least two other books.

As for my best read in '09, I think it would have to be "Boundaries" by Drs. Henry Cloud & John Townsend. An eye-opening and life-changing psychology text if I've ever seen one. It's a book I literally put into practice every single time I go to work.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
            Arguing with Idiots is definitely on the reading list in the near future, along with Stephen King's The Green Mile, three other stories , and at least two other books.

As for my best read in '09, I think it would have to be "Boundaries" by Drs. Henry Cloud & John Townsend. An eye-opening and life-changing psychology text if I've ever seen one. It's a book I literally put into practice every single time I go to work.
            oh you can add blink to amazing psycology texts

Comment

The Secret Life of Bee's was pretty awesome, but I think Da Vinci Code tops it for me.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Errr, Books written in 09? Or Books that we read this year.
                Good point, probably should have pointed that out. Huh, book that your read this year... Doesn't matter what year the book came out.
                sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

oh you can add blink to amazing psycology texts
                  I know of two Blinks, though I haven't read either one. The first one is by Malcolm Gladwell and the other is by Ted Dekker. I take it you're talking about Gladwell right?
                  sigpic

Comment

The Sagas of Icelanders. Penguin classics deluxe edition.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! I reread this year after it first came out in 2007 but its even better the second time! I also really enjoyed Storm Front and Fool Moon, the first two books of The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher (highly recommend to any fan of modern-day fantasy stories).

Comment

Honor Harrington
                        sigpic

Comment

Probably the theban plays by sophocles, I read in my Tragedy class.

Arguing with Idiots
                          I need to read that one soon.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X