This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Movie/Show Misquotes Thread

I thought this could be funny. Take a quote from a piece of media and modify it. Misheard lyrics and misquoted books or poetry (if well known quote) are also allowed .
    Please reference the quote (ie, where it's from) and also put the original next to it
    EG
    "People should not fear the mods, the mods should fear the people." - V for Vendetta. Original: "People should not fear the government, the government should fear the people."
    It doesn't matter if your quoting a quote if the quote is more well known .
    "Sacrifice me to the stargate" - Tutankhamen by Nightwish. Originally:

"Take me with you
    Through the stargate
    To the valley of the kings

Sacrifice me"
    I don't know why I always hear it that way ....
    Alright , have fun

I had a friend once who thought Jimi Hendrix was saying "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" in Purple Haze.

Comment

*dies of laughter*
      ....I should probably hide from the mods :rolleys: !!
      Hmm... "The lamb with no dynamite" - Hard Rock Hallelujah - Lordi "the lamp with no kind of light"

And the all time favourite:
      http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&so...0uZxdfH7Hg6IBw
      Wishmaster - Nightwish
      Possibly not suitable for extttrrrrrrrreeeeeeeemly young children

Comment

When I was little, I thought "My Country Tis of Thee" was actually "My Country Tis a Pea".

And once, I wasn't paying attention at services and instead of singing Darlene Zschech's "Mountains bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of Your name", I sang "Mountains bow down and the fleas will roar at the sound of Your name." After I realized what I had done, I couldn't help but giggle for the rest of the evening thinking about roaring fleas.
        sigpic

Comment

*sees a vicious flea roar* RUUNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yay! Let's make rabies!
            I meant to post this earlier, but forgot !

Comment

my sister was reading the RadioTimes one day i asked her what was on telly next and she said The Leg end of the Werewolf instead of legend as Radio Times had a habit of writing like this

The Leg
              end of the
              werewolf

my friend always though that Doris Day was singing Now my mouths an open Jaw, from the song Secret Love

there was a song i think its called physical attraction and i thought he was singing Physical Top Sh**

at work somebody shouted to me that the wage slips were coming round , i misheard and thought she said Space Nips, i was a little puzzled to say the least, a new diesese maybe.

the classic Queen song Boheimian Rhapsody, Be'elzebub has a devil for a sideboard, which is quite handy to store stuff in, instead of Be'elzebub has a devil put aside for me. its easy to make that mistake just listen to the record.

in a geography class at school i once put Tonto instead of Toronto, i didnt spot it until teacher pointed it out when he did i was laughing that much i got sent to front of class in the naughty seats
              Last edited by pookey; 02 September 2009, 10:40 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                my sister was reading the TV Times one day i asked her what was on telly next and she said The Leg end of the Werewolf instead of legend as TV Times had a habit of writing like this

The Leg
                end of the
                werewolf

my friend always though that Doris Day was singing Now my mouths an open Jaw, from the song Secret Love

there was a song i think its called physical attraction and i thought he was singing Physical Top Sh**

at work somebody shouted to me that the wage slips were coming round , i misheard and thought she said Space Nips, i was a little puzzled to say the least, a new diesese maybe.

the classic Queen song Boheimian Rhapsody, Be'elzebub has a devil for a sideboard, which is quite handy to store stuff in, instead of Be'elzebub has a devil put aside for me. its easy to make that mistake just listen to the record.
                Leg end !!! Unfortunately I couldn't find my Queen's Greatest hits album !!!
                Physical top ... yeah, yeah..... it belongs !!!! (It's a really bad song, right ?)
                Newspaper typo: Woodstock Drive instead of Woodcock drive !!! (a road)
                Just now
                Rake the Dead - instead of Wake the Dead - John Schlitt

kmmm.... space nips !!!

EDIT: How could you get sent to the "naughty corner" for that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There's a missionary song that goes, "Let's go to the foreign shore..." All I could get out of it (until I looked up the lyrics online) was "Let's go to the four-inch hole..." Foreign shore makes so much more sense. I don't know what kind of people live in a four-inch hole.
                  sigpic

Comment

I always thought the line from "Say you love me" from Fleetwood Mac was
                    "i'm Giddy baby, just when i thought it was over"..
                    its actually

"Pretty Baby, just when i thought it was over.. and i away thoguht it a guy sang it... Whoops!
                    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

a friend of mine that works in the nursing home, was being watched by an NVQ assessor she was describing some tablets to one of the old dears when she got to one she couldnt identitfy so she asked the Senior what it was she said "its because of her M.S." my friend said to the Senior in a shocked tone "i cant tell her that". she thought the Senior had said "its because shes a mess"

the song View From a Bridge a friend was singing Cucumber Bridge
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                        There's a missionary song that goes, "Let's go to the foreign shore..." All I could get out of it (until I looked up the lyrics online) was "Let's go to the four-inch hole..." Foreign shore makes so much more sense. I don't know what kind of people live in a four-inch hole.
                        perhaps three inch people. i like your version better
                        sigpic

Comment

ive never figured out, to this day, what Donna Summer was singing in I Feel Love, it sounds like 4 & 3 4 & 3 4 & 3 4 & 3 4 & 3, enlightenment please
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                            ive never figured out, to this day, what Donna Summer was singing in I Feel Love, it sounds like 4 & 3 4 & 3 4 & 3 4 & 3 4 & 3, enlightenment please
                            "Fallin' free, fallin' free, fallin' free, fallin' free, fallin' free" I looked it up online. I can see where you got your version though.
                            sigpic

Comment

The song went, "Ooo, I hear laughter in the rain walkin' hand in hand with the one I love." When I was little, I heard (and sang), "Ooo, I D laughter in the rain walkin' hand in hamburger one island." (I thought it must have something to do with a hamburger stand at Coney Island or something.) I had a lot of ear/hearing problems when I was younger.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X