Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things I am not doing again.....EVER!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, I will never forget and do this again...

I was fixing my hair so it would stay out of my way, my eyes, my kids' grasp, etc. So, I put it up as a pony tail on top of my head, braided it, and wound it around a clip so that it looked like "I dream of Jeannie" with a braid base and a whispy end sticking straight up. Since I don't go out much, I figured, "Who cares. It's only one day that I won't look like a super model." (LOL!) Anyway, as I was laying down on the floor to play with my kids, my youngest (8 month old girl) pounced on the whispy end like a kitten on a ball of yarn. And every time I laid down, there she was like a moth to a flame. Little did I know that I was creating the greatest infant toy ever.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
      Hopefully, I will never forget and do this again...

I was fixing my hair so it would stay out of my way, my eyes, my kids' grasp, etc. So, I put it up as a pony tail on top of my head, braided it, and wound it around a clip so that it looked like "I dream of Jeannie" with a braid base and a whispy end sticking straight up. Since I don't go out much, I figured, "Who cares. It's only one day that I won't look like a super model." (LOL!) Anyway, as I was laying down on the floor to play with my kids, my youngest (8 month old girl) pounced on the whispy end like a kitten on a ball of yarn. And every time I laid down, there she was like a moth to a flame. Little did I know that I was creating the greatest infant toy ever.
      Funny!
      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

something else i'll never do again, give directions to a thuggish looking stranger at 2am...
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          something else i'll never do again, give directions to a thuggish looking stranger at 2am...
          Hope your Ok.
          sigpic
          Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
            If you don't mind, can you please stop with the blood and needles stories? It's making me really worried about my first blood drive later this month.
            Don't worry!! I've donated over 40 pints and done the platlet donations (apherisis) about 12 times.
            In all those pokes, I've only had one bad one and it was my own fault. I moved my arm after they marked the vein.
            I've had more trouble when the doctor tries to take samples.
            Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
              If you don't mind, can you please stop with the blood and needles stories? It's making me really worried about my first blood drive later this month.
              Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
              Don't worry!! I've donated over 40 pints and done the platlet donations (apherisis) about 12 times.
              In all those pokes, I've only had one bad one and it was my own fault. I moved my arm after they marked the vein.
              I've never had a problem donating either. It's just those people who take samples (not all of them, just a handful). No, the people who do the donations (at least it's been my experience) are pretty adept at the whole needle thing. If they weren't, they'd lose volunteers! Those taking samples may not care as much. I don't know.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                Hope your Ok.
                this was 2 and a half years ago, so i'm fine thanks the 2 guys were both pretty stupid, i managed to lie myself out of having anything stolen, but i did get punched in the face for my trouble, nothing broken though, except my faith in humanity
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

working at marshalls !!!!

worst 5 years of my life
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                    Yeah, stupid.

Much to my annoyment, they've decided to up the donation age. GR!!!! Now I have to wait another friggin year before I can donate!!
                    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                      ah you poor person alright ill tell my story.

ok so im having a home visit by the midwife last week and she decided she was going to take blood. now ive only had this thing done to me once before and it went smooth as anything so i wasnt worried. i was assured i had "very good veins" theres me panicking slightly at the needle but reminding myself it wasnt so bad the last time. so she sticks me with the needle and all goes well, until the third bottle of blood, as she was attaching it, the needle slipped out of my arm and blood started running down my arm. now i KNOW i have good bloodflow but come on! shes like "Oh its come out." and stuck it baack in, now ive just had that vein punctured and it had already began to swell up so it was EXTRA DAMN PAINFUL when she stuck me the second time, i swore, obviously, and she TUTTED me and called me a big baby.

how is that fairrrr? im scarred for ever.
                      They always tell me I have 'very good veins' too And I have dozens of scars on both arms from the needles...

I'm not having any more X-Rays ever.. They hurt! Especially when I sit up and hit my head on the X-Ray machine because someone forgot to move it out of the way...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        They always tell me I have 'very good veins' too And I have dozens of scars on both arms from the needles...

I'm not having any more X-Rays ever.. They hurt! Especially when I sit up and hit my head on the X-Ray machine because someone forgot to move it out of the way...
                        Yeah, there's nothing like having a broken thumb or messed up knee and having an xray tech move it into all kinds of funky positions that it wouldn't normally go into to begin with just for a few xrays
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                          Yeah, there's nothing like having a broken thumb or messed up knee and having an xray tech move it into all kinds of funky positions that it wouldn't normally go into to begin with just for a few xrays
                          Why don't they just make an Xray machine that moves instead of making the injured patient contort? They can put a man on the moon, but they can't even make envelope glue that tastes good! What's up with that?!
                          sigpic

Comment

Why don't they just make an Xray machine that moves instead of making the injured patient contort? They can put a man on the moon, but they can't even make envelope glue that tastes good! What's up with that?!
                            They do. They're are just incredibly expensive and mobile x-ray machines are primarliy use for people who can't make trips to the hospital
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

that's why i have the kids lick the envelopes for me!
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                that's why i have the kids lick the envelopes for me!
                                You people do know that its faster and less yucky to do with the aid of a finger dipped in water?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X