Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your avatar and name say about you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does your avatar and name say about you?

Maybe its just me, but I ALWAYS make assumptions about a person when reading posts, based purely on their screen name and avatar. Its just what humans do. These assumptions on a persons characteristics range from wise, experienced, funny, bubbly, arrogant, how old, sex etc etc.

Does anybody else do this??

I also analyse the quality of a person's post a lot to try and determine their personal characteristics....stuff like spelling, grammmar and those sorts of things can tell a lot about a person IMHO.

Its quite funny that I (hey maybe its just me) make initial judgements on a person based on such minute details.
    sigpic

My username says that I wanted to use "Pegasus," but was stuck with the painfully redundant "WingedPegasus" after discovering Pegasus and many of its various permutations were already taken.

My avatar says that I'm too lazy to come up with something that fits my personality at the moment, as does my lack of a larger signature.

So, do you want to turn this into a "guess the characteristics of the person above you based on their username and avatar" thread? Or would you prefer to just have people explain why they picked their names and avs?
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
      My username says that I wanted to use "Pegasus," but was stuck with the painfully redundant "WingedPegasus" after discovering Pegasus and many of its various permutations were already taken.

My avatar says that I'm too lazy to come up with something that fits my personality at the moment, as does my lack of a larger signature.

So, do you want to turn this into a "guess the characteristics of the person above you based on their username and avatar" thread? Or would you prefer to just have people explain why they picked their names and avs?
      Yeah I dunno really. I am curious as to why some people chose their names but I reckon getting people's reactions to each others avatar and names could be more interesting.

Lets start off with mine I guess....next poster has to say what impression they get from my name, avatar, sig and then go from there. Could be an interesting little social experiment!!
      sigpic

Comment

You are male, 20 to 30 years old or mature for your age. You like science and thinking, and may enjoy sarcasm even if you don't often use it often with people you don't know very well. When you get to be friends, however, you relax and joke around a bit more. You may be from the UK or Australia, or may have only affected the British spelling of analyse/analyze.

These be my (likely wrong) conjectures.
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Yep pretty much spot on!!

And the spelling is from Australia
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Yep pretty much spot on!!

And the spelling is from Australia
            All right! By the way, I posted that before I saw your age and other info on your profile.
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

^your nick says you wish you were a winged winged horse, your avvie says you live in castles in the sky

Comment

well my avatar name is short for Mi'otza Jennifer O'Neill my character if i lived in the stargate Universe i am Jack O'Neill daughter because he is so cool!! i would want him as my dad and my avatar picture is because i like the stargate when it lights up and i am waiting until i can get 2000 post to get my own !
                sigpic
                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Mine you can all guess
                  "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
                    Mine you can all guess
                    Carson from the Return (part 2 I guess) when he said

"Muh Tuttles! Who is going to feed Muh Tuttles"

hehe...Quite funny actually!! Be even funnier if I am wrong!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Mine says I'm so serious I could laugh !

Comment

lemmie see, my username simply states my name - meaning i dont want any 'secret identity' tosh, my avatar is...(wait what is it now? O.o still sad doctor i hope ) which shows im mature enough to understand such emotions, my sig shows im a funny person. (cant take creative since starlover made me it )

i dont really care much for grammar but my spelling is usually pin-point accurate which i think shows how much of a persnickety wierdo i am

and i suppose thats it.

PS - i rate a person about how personable, friendly and nice they are. although there are exceptions to this
                        sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Says i am your God, who for now happens to look like a small girl.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh dear, it's Thread Necromancy Night and I missed the memo. Again.

I like science fiction and coffee, so that explains my username. And my current avatar is of Frank Cromwell because I always thought he was a character that could have been brought back and been a good addition to the show.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I don't have a high enough post count to add the avatar I've chosen as of yet, but my username (and avatar when I reach the 2000 posts mark) will say that I am a fan of Tom Baker's era on Doctor Who.
                              sigpic
                              Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Working...
                              X