X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    You mean it's not true?
    *raises eyeshields zaps Tood*

Furthermore, how many commercials for cleaning products have men doing the cleaning? Why are they geared only towards women? When was the last time you saw a commercial with a man pushing a vacuum cleaner? Or grocery shopping? Or cooking? (fire pit stuff doesn't count)
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
      *raises eyeshields zaps Tood*

Furthermore, how many commercials for cleaning products have men doing the cleaning? Why are they geared only towards women? When was the last time you saw a commercial with a man pushing a vacuum cleaner? Or grocery shopping? Or cooking? (fire pit stuff doesn't count)
      OI!

In your own words (Read back several months, or a year or two, to find them) women are just natural cleaners. It makes sense to market that stuff to them instead of to men, your argument, not mine Honestly though, I can use so many things you've said in the past against you to justify just about any sexist thing the media does. But am I that evil? Can women drive?

In seriousness, you should also note that chefs do tend to be equally males as much as females. It's limited only to domestic house cooking (Unless there is some sort of dating romance going on, then you do see men in the commercial cooking, but it usually isn't selling a cooking product). Commercials are the worst, they are truly heartless monsters that prey on all sorts of stereotypes (if not invent some of their own).

A lot of commercials women get depicted as naive girlfriends. Don't forget those.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

It is true that women are better cleaners. But that is only because someone has to do the cleaning, and most men refuse to recognize dirt when they see it, and women have been indoctrinated that it is their job This must stop at some junction in society.
        As to the other things. I am curious what else you think you can use against me.
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, something I learned about. It started as a joke but interestingly enough it holds wieght.

The Bechdel Test: Basically a litmus test for a media to see how women are used. The test is pretty simple.

To pass the test a media (Movie, book, tv show, comic, etc...) must have
          *at least two named female characters
          *They must talk to each other
          *And their conversation must be about something that is not related to a man

A shockingly high amount of movies (As in the majority) fail that test. While a high amount of movies pass the reverse test (Two named males talking to each other about something other than women). Food for thought.
          Last edited by aretood2; 10 January 2013, 06:28 AM.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

It is true that women are better cleaners. But that is only because someone has to do the cleaning, and most men refuse to recognize dirt when they see it, and women have been indoctrinated that it is their job This must stop at some junction in society.
            As to the other things. I am curious what else you think you can use against me.
            Vat is Dis "Dert" youz speak off?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              Vat is Dis "Dert" youz speak off?
              My point is made, I rest my case.
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

My point is made, I rest my case.
                Not my fault, I was raised to not speak of....*checks to make sure no one is around* dirt
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

We shall make Cow the new cleaner

*whips Tood*

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    We shall make Cow the new cleaner

*whips Tood*
                    Wrong thread
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

*whips Tood*

I don't think so

Comment

Dirt not to be confused with dust.

Speaking of dust I have a lot of model aircraft. And I am the only one how cleans them.
                        In fact I enjoy cleaning my home. It's a job that has to be done.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

*moves in with ^* *has a model Puddle Jumper that needs rebuilding*

Comment

models are for nerds.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

except the catwalk ones. eh, Fly
                              sigpic

Comment

duh ! :facepalm:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X