No announcement yet.

The Female Thread Of Femaleness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no - influenza lasts three weeks (or more if you develop secondary bronchitis or pneumonia)
    sigpic

Comment

Oh the secondaries can be fun. I once upon a time I had the horrible 8 strain mutation flu in the late 90's got over that mostly ended up with a sinus & ear infection with a dash of tonsillitis. Second round of antibiotics was a Sulfa which I than had an allergic reaction to. So much fun.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah I know it lasts longer (can't remember how long exactly though...last time was over 15 years ago, back in school)
        that's why I thought you guys were talking about flu, cause colds never last more than a couple of days AFAIK

cold symptoms are a tad annoying at most anyway (sneezin, runny nose, sometimes very mild fatigue & that's it)

Comment

I get one or two symptoms at a time...never all at once. So it lasts longer but never enough that I can call myself "sick." To be honest, I am never sure if it is the flu or the cold.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            no - influenza lasts three weeks (or more if you develop secondary bronchitis or pneumonia)
            I caught "mild" pneumonia which didn't feel very mild to me once last year....6-day course of antibiotics and had an inhaler to help with breathing

Comment

that's one of the worst parts about teaching - you're exposed to *everything* I get a flu shot religiously, but they don't always cover every strain and of course colds are just everywhere.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                I get one or two symptoms at a time...never all at once. So it lasts longer but never enough that I can call myself "sick." To be honest, I am never sure if it is the flu or the cold.
                Then it's not the flu.. If you had flu and there was a Girlbot sweater on the end of your bed you would feel too sick to move to put it on..

Comment

that's one of the worst parts about teaching - you're exposed to *everything* I get a flu shot religiously, but they don't always cover every strain and of course colds are just everywhere.
                  that's what Airborne was invented for I think.....in fact wasn't that stuff invented by a teacher?

Comment

yeah, right - don't believe everything they advertise on tv. Snake oil salesmen have been around for a long, long time. You'd get just as much "protection" from washing your hands and taking your vitamins, probably more!
                    sigpic

Comment

Kids are so germy.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah, right - don't believe everything they advertise on tv. Snake oil salesmen have been around for a long, long time. You'd get just as much "protection" from washing your hands and taking your vitamins, probably more!
                        But my snakes get all creaky and dry without the oil

Comment

and snakes have so *many* joints too!
                          sigpic

Comment

*beams in*
                            Snakes, why did it have to be snakes
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

Just because.