This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Little Technological Help

I am currently writing a science fiction series entitled The Sentient Series. I am a big Star Wars, Star Trek, and Stargate fan and have been utilizing/combining several technologies used in the shows (and i'm not infringing on any copyrights, as far as I can tell). Anyway, to get to the point, I would like some help developing new technologies that have not been used in any of these three shows before (whether they be made up or not). If any of you would like to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

P.S.: I know there was another author who posted something similar to this, but that was several months ago and I couldn't find the thread, but if someone has the link, I would like to see the thread again. (Don't worry, I won't use any of the ideas without the thread starter.)

Here are few you could find useful:

The artificial cell: a nano-machine that take the form of any body cell and integrate with the body. Doctors / medics could inject a bunch into damaged parts.

Solar Power coating, a paint that houses many tiny solar cells that can wirelessly transmit power to a nearby station. Could be used on spaceships or buildings (only used for minor systems)

You could do something with quantum computing.

Mind-brain computer (or other machine) integration.
    sigpic

Comment

it would be usefull to know what kind of technology base you are thinking about ie the level of technology couldvary from near future earth to technology indistinguishable from magic. also the foundations of the technology, ie, biotech, mechanical, nanotech, energy based or a combination.

also is the tech for humans or another species?
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X