This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Power: Technology, Strategy & Campaigns

Yes. A thread for discussion of all things Air Power, defined by the RAF as:

"The ability to project military force in air or space by or from a platform or missile operating above the surface of the earth. Air platforms are defined as any aircraft, helicopter or unmanned air vehicle."
    So in otherwords whether you're Air Force yourself, a military aviator in another service, a civilian aviator, or just someone with a passion for military aviation, this is your thread.

To get the ball rolling, a few things:

The RAF's Nimrod fleet has just been grounded (link), due to safety concerns following the 2006 crash, apparently operations won't be affected. Of course, the Nimrod MRA4 is due to enter service soon so hopefully the effect won't be too significant.

On the subject of the F-35 Lightning II and the F-22 Raptor, President Obama's recent pledge at cutting defence spending coule have a knock on effect to the development of the former and the existing numbers of the latter, any thoughts on this?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

The Valiant?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
      The Valiant?
      If it were possible to achieve an airborne carrier, that would be fantastic and of tremendous strategic benefit when attempting to project air or indeed land power into landlocked countries and would minimise the requirement to secure or develop an airfield in a hostile state.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X