Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homework Help/Ask a Teacher... teachers come and offer help... students ask away!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homework Help/Ask a Teacher... teachers come and offer help... students ask away!

I don't know if this has been done or even if there's a need, but if you'd like some help with homework of any kind, the 'learned ones' of gateworld will try to help.
    I'm only a lowly primary/elementary teacher, but I will help if I can.
    Also, if you need advice on helping your kids with school stuff, you can come here for that too.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Can elements(like Lithium) be broken down into anything simpler like atoms or anything else?
    My science teacher said it can then a coupleof secpnds later said it can't.

Comment

Elements are atoms
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Talus View Post
        Can elements(like Lithium) be broken down into anything simpler like atoms or anything else?
        My science teacher said it can then a coupleof secpnds later said it can't.
        A single particle of Lithium (or indeed any element) is called an atom. Atoms are comprised of a combination of Protons and Neutrons and Electrons (these actually orbit the atomic nucleus of Protons and Electrons). Now it is possible to split the atom (Nuclear power/ Nuclear weapons) resulting in a huge energy discharge and free Protons, Neutrons and Electrons.
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

what is the question that results in the answer to life, the universe, and everything else, which is 42?
          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
            what is the question that results in the answer to life, the universe, and everything else, which is 42?
            what is 7x7?

Seriously and if we knew why it is the question that results in the answer to life, the universe, and everything else, which is 42.... the universe would make alot more sense
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              what is 7x7?

Seriously and if we knew why it is the question that results in the answer to life, the universe, and everything else, which is 42.... the universe would make alot more sense
              carp fails at math! 7x7=49. 7x6=42
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                carp fails at math! 7x7=49. 7x6=42
                that was the point... it makes no sense... but if it did make sense the whole universe would make more sense...

You never read the Trilogy in Five parts did ya

Comment

I've read about the Krebs Cycle several times, and yet, I still have no clue as to what it is and what it does. All I know is that it is involved in the breakdown of food and allows muscles to act in aerobic respiration.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

You can all come to my room at recess for punishment.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
                      You can all come to my room at recess for punishment.

That's just too easy...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                        I've read about the Krebs Cycle several times, and yet, I still have no clue as to what it is and what it does. All I know is that it is involved in the breakdown of food and allows muscles to act in aerobic respiration.
                        I can tell you but how complicated do you want to go. In laymen terms it prepare several molecules for the Electron transport chain and produces 2 ATP.This is all done in the mitochondria. Now I can a little more complicates if you want.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

5th grade science teacher here.
                          3rd grade everything last year.

ask away.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I can tell you but how complicated do you want to go. In laymen terms it prepare several molecules for the Electron transport chain and produces 2 ATP.This is all done in the mitochondria. Now I can a little more complicates if you want.
                            Jel is right, but how complicated do you want to get?

Biology major as well as a History major, I am. So I bet I can go fairly in depth on that one.
                            sigpic

Comment

i need to 435 more words in my essay who wants to do it ???

Comment

Working...
                              X