This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell View Post
    Thanks, I'm fine! After Rounds 1 and 2 of blizzards in the DC area, we got over 30 inches! Power was off for 12 hours over the weekend but we bagged up perishables and put them on the deck to stay chilled. A downside to all this snow is that we ran out of places to put it!
    Holy Hannah!!! I've seen photos of your home in the snow before...and these take the cake! How resourceful you were with the perishables too! SG-1 would be proud!

Comment

Oh wow! I feel cold just looking at the pics, I can't complain of LA's 50F anymore

*send Jack's warm-hugs*
      sigpic
      sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

your link is not working Mala!

http://www.rdanderson.com/updates/news09.htm#skunk

This one works.
        Clicking on the title in my post is the same as your link...

Anyway, it works for me!
        sigpic

Comment

Will you gals stop saying the S-Word.. It's called Sky Dander and yes that is a nice Warm Jack!
          Huh? The S-Word? You mean SNOW? Besides, I don't like calling it 'Sky Dander' - that's just kinda gross...
          sigpic

Comment

Those were beautiful pictures, Sugarshaker and Nell. I love to look at snowy scenes, as long as I'm nowhere near it! I love being in just about the most southern point in the US!
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
              The 18 in. we got yesterday plus the 28.5 we got on Saturday plus the 20 something we got a couple of weeks ago plus whatever we had before that now add up to 71 plus for the season. For us in Philly, that's a record. I hope you enjoy a few of my pix:

<snip>

That's it. I can barely move now, but I think I can summon enough energy to fix a cup of hot chocolate. Hope everyone is warm and safe.
              Thanks, I'm fine! After Rounds 1 and 2 of blizzards in the DC area, we got over 30 inches! Power was off for 12 hours over the weekend but we bagged up perishables and put them on the deck to stay chilled. A downside to all this snow is that we ran out of places to put it!
              Thanks for sharing, gals! We had a little over a foot here, but it's mostly slush now. I'm glad that this city is good at handling whatever hits us - especially where I live....

Sure would have been nice if this guy had been around to help you!
              sigpic

Comment

Awww...another RDA with 'pup' pic...
                sigpic

Comment

FYI: Some new items of interest on ebay from Propworx...

Stargate O'Neill USAF Badge
                  This is the actual prop ID for Col. John J. O'Neill as seen in 7.03 Fragile Balance

(however, like his dogtags, you can buy a much cheaper replica from Stargateprops)

Stargate Alternate Carter Badge

This is very cool. It's Dr. Carter's ID from 3.06 Point of View!
                  Last edited by Mala50; 12 February 2010, 09:50 AM. Reason: Corrected name on the ID up for auction - Thanks, Zoser!
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah, the memories of living in Omaha, Nebraska and winter scenery....12 foot snowdrifts...walking to school in boots and mittens and snowsuits....no chance of anything remotely like that here.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50 View Post
                      Clicking on the title in my post is the same as your link...

Anyway, it works for me!
                      to each her own!

Huh? The S-Word? You mean SNOW? Besides, I don't like calling it 'Sky Dander' - that's just kinda gross...
                      Oh and the S-Word isn't gross stuff. Live in it for 7 months out of 12 every year!

But then again..

He likes the stuff, but that is because he knows he is going back to sunshine right after that weekend! I would like it too if.. Oh never mind.. *looks around for coffee*
                      Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                      sigpic
                      Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Snowmaggedon2010/IMG_0134-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Snowmaggedon2010/IMG_0142-1.jpg[/IMG]

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Snowmaggedon2010/IMG_0148-1.jpg[/IMG]

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Snowmaggedon2010/IMG_0162-1.jpg[/IMG]
                        Nell, you deck looks just like mine!! But we were lucky, we didn't lose power. The sun has been shining brightly but the snow plowed in front of my driveway is over my waist and way too heavy for me to shovel out.. The mountains on either side of the driveway are so high I have to shovel the snow over my head! So I'm sitting inside waiting for Spring.
                        My hubby should be here shoveling us out but he's up the country and tells me we have acquired a dog. She was abandoned and a neighbor took her in but they already had a few matronly dachshunds and some cats. They think she is a Jack Russell/beagle mix - just what I need a dog with boundless energy that likes to chase rabbits and never listens. I had a beagle and know the selective deafness they acquire - sort of like a man.
                        Now she needs a name! My daughter suggested Sam but ... I think not. If it were a male I'd go with Jack.
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

FYI: Some new items of interest on ebay from Propworx...

Stargate O'Neill USAF Badge
                          This is the actual prop ID for Col. Jack O'Neill as seen in 7.03 Fragile Balance
                          I will bid on Jack's ID - It does say John J. O'Neill!! but I'm sure it will be too expensive.
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                            <snip of snow talk and doggy talk >

Now she needs a name! My daughter suggested Sam but ... I think not. If it were a male I'd go with Jack.
                            http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ser/newpup.jpg
                            What about calling her Hammy (after General Hammond).

Of course, you could also call her Mala.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                              I will bid on Jack's ID - It does say John J. O'Neill!! but I'm sure it will be too expensive.
                              Good catch! I knew from the show that the real one said John J., but didn't even notice the difference on the replica (that one says 'Jack').

Replica

I'll have to correct my original post, now.

Btw, the bidding is up to $145 with a little over two days to go...
                              Last edited by Mala50; 12 February 2010, 10:25 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

to each her own!

Oh and the S-Word isn't gross stuff. Live in it for 7 months out of 12 every year!

But then again..

He likes the stuff, but that is because he knows he is going back to sunshine right after that weekend! I would like it too if.. Oh never mind.. *looks around for coffee*
                                Not to belabor the point, but I will anyway! What I was saying that SNOW isn't gross - but calling it 'dander' is...

Anyway, nice photo!

Here, have some coffee with Jack. Don't forget to check the cup for those extra 'floater's...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X