This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatebee
    I know I have not posted here for a bit .... but had to say , Mala your contributions are priceless

and to QE, thank you for the write up and lovely pics

and Rune ... you lucky person, you got to fuzz RDA's hair ... what did you say ... what did he say...
    Thank you, gatebee. It's so good to see you back here again!

FYI: this is a manip made from two different pics...
    Last edited by Mala50; 06 June 2006, 11:11 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
      yay! beautiful!

hey, did you ever make it over to the set? the weather was yucky, so I understand if you didn't. Most of the time I wished I was inside! And did you see the BSG/Museum of Radio and TV webcast yet? It was so great! I'm so happy I got to go!

Great pics, Rune and Queen!!! Lucky gals!
      No, I never made it. Too rainy!

Re the BSG webcast - haven't watched it yet. I'm glad that you got to go, too!

Btw, those are QE's pics. We're still waiting for Rune to get back to the UK this weekend so she can unwind and share her stories and photos.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
        >>>>>> slinks in

I'm currently in a cyber cafe in San Diego so I can't hang about but I thought it would be nice to check in and say hello to the MW-crew.

Had a very nice time on Sunday afternoon, Rick is just ... well you know *grin* and it was so cool to meet QE and Co.

I get back sometime Saturday so once I get my act together I'll get some pics up if I can ... although I guess it will be boring old news by then huh?

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

(((((MW)))))

slinks out >>>>>>
        Yes, Rune, come back.
        sigpic

Comment

Just thought I'd post some thunks for a rainy afternoon...

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Lovely raindy day thunks, Mala! Especially this one. I'd be doing the rain dance if I thought there was the least chance of making him appear as above!
                  sigpic
                  ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                    Thanks, Goddess!

I actually didn't do much today. I've been working as an extra for the past few nights on Spiderman 3 and I'm exhausted. We've been out in the cold and the rain and on our feet for hours. I got back at 7am this morning (which was early) and slept in for most of the day. But I had pizza and ice cream cake tonight with family and that was nice. Plus, all the cards and calls from family, friends and you lovely shipper/thunkers have made it very special.

But this weekend-- we dance!!!

ship sistah
                    Belated birthday wishes of the happy kind,
                    ship sistah!
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                      OK, one other thing to share with MW tonight.

I was browsing around ebay this weekend and I saw something I couldn't resist buying myself for an early bday present! Look what I found on Legends Memorabilia's ebay site!

I checked today to see if they've added any copies of this photo for sale on that site, but they haven't. I'm sure though that they'll have new ones available for sale on www.stargate-autographs.com some time in the near future.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Ebaysigned.jpg
                      The real photo I'm getting is 8"x10".... squeeeee!
                      Very nice Mala. I was talking with Captain Watson on Sunday when a fan asked RDA to sign a picture. The inflection in his voice changed and he asked her were she got the picture and she said off eBay. Cap. W. asked what was wrong when he heard RDAs voice change. He showed him the picture and said this is why I do business with Paul, meaning Paul Brown of Legends, he will not sell stuff like this and more people are buying legimate pictures because he makes them available. He then gave the picture back to the women and said he would not sign it.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Very nice Mala. I was talking with Captain Watson on Sunday when a fan asked RDA to sign a picture. The inflection in his voice changed and he asked her were she got the picture and she said off eBay. Cap. W. asked what was wrong when he heard RDAs voice change. He showed him the picture and said this is why I do business with Paul, meaning Paul Brown of Legends, he will not sell stuff like this and more people are buying legimate pictures because he makes them available. He then gave the picture back to the women and said he would not sign it.

Sometimes the people who sell on ebay get out of control.....I hope it wasn't a really bad shot I'd feel really bad if he refused to sign my photo but then again I personally don't buy unless they are promos or something Stargate related or related to something he did like charity things....I bought my autograph from Legends and love it to bits *stares longingly and the lovely man*

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by cute_az_can_be
                          Sometimes the people who sell on ebay get out of control.....I hope it wasn't a really bad shot I'd feel really bad if he refused to sign my photo but then again I personally don't buy unless they are promos or something Stargate related or related to something he did like charity things....I bought my autograph from Legends and love it to bits *stares longingly and the lovely man*

-JJ

I was right behind tsaxlady and I think I saw the same incident. From what I saw, it was a pic of him and Wylie when she was about three. He looks good in the pic, moustache and scruff. I thought the girl was going to cry, she looked upset. He was very nice to her though and signed her wheelchair. She had other pics of him and Wylie that she had showed others earlier. The girl looked young and unknowledgable in stuff like that. I thought it ended on a good note. When he left the event, he kissed her goodbye, and told her to give her address to Michael and he would write her. He was in a hurry to catch a plane and I guess she had wanted to tell him something, but he just couldn't stay. Then of course there was that psycho woman waiting for him on the sidewalk....
                          sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Now that's a THUNK!!!
                            and a squeeee!!!

Welcome to Mala's World, tsaxlady! Your photos from San Diego are wonderful - thanks so much for sharing here.

Re SG1 and RDA autographed pictures:Thanks for bringing this up. Yes, there are a lot of unscrupulous dealers on eBay selling fake autographed photos of RDA and the rest of the SG1 cast. I always make it a point to only buy through Legends (their eBay store or their website) since I know that these are officially sanctioned by RDA and the rest of the cast. The bonus of purchasing from Legends is that the proceeds help support RDA's and the other cast members' charities.

In case anyone is interested, here's the information that was posted with the picture I purchased: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a50/rdanew.jpg

Btw, their eBay store has some uniquely signed items that one might not find on their site www.stargate-autographs.com. The prices can also be lower or higher depending on what people bid. http://stores.ebay.com/Legends-Memorabilia-Inc
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice piccies everyone.

I met Paul from Legends when I was at Gabit last year. He's a really nice chap and was very friendly and chatted about going to RDA's house etc.
                              All my pictures are from Legends because I know they are genuine and that the money goes to charity.

Thank you.

*This advertisment for Legends Memorabilia was brought to you by Mala's World's foremost authority on hirpling*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                                I was right behind tsaxlady and I think I saw the same incident. From what I saw, it was a pic of him and Wylie when she was about three. He looks good in the pic, moustache and scruff. I thought the girl was going to cry, she looked upset. He was very nice to her though and signed her wheelchair. She had other pics of him and Wylie that she had showed others earlier. The girl looked young and unknowledgable in stuff like that. I thought it ended on a good note. When he left the event, he kissed her goodbye, and told her to give her address to Michael and he would write her. He was in a hurry to catch a plane and I guess she had wanted to tell him something, but he just couldn't stay. Then of course there was that psycho woman waiting for him on the sidewalk....
                                I'm glad that the incident turned out well for the girl. RDA is such a nice man. I can understand why he'd rather not sign pictures of himself and Wylie. Many of those that you see on the net are by paparazzi and are really an invasion of privacy, imo. Of course, there are legitimate family pictures that are published with magazine articles and such, but I doubt if those who sell copies on eBay have the rights to do so. Anyway, the only photos that RDA sanctions and signs for sale to the public are publicity stills from MacGyver, Legends and SG1 .
                                Last edited by Mala50; 07 June 2006, 03:45 PM. Reason: added Legends - I forgot about the Ernest pix!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X