This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verona View Post
    They already had the pens at Gatecon? ( is confused).
    They were selling them in the Legends room.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
      They were selling them in the Legends room.
      I'm totally confused? The story I held from one of the handlers, he did the drawings at Gatecon, which then Becky said "Lets sell them and makes lot of money", RDA went "you are crazy", then Becky said "I'll bet you they will" and then they made a bet.(he lost the bet) So how could the pens have been made up already? Crazy!
      sigpic

Comment

Does actually anybody having a picture of the last doodle from Gatecon that recently was sold in that legends online auction? I came too late and it was already gone, but I would love to see what he drew there!
        Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
          Sigh...what a charming man!

And when he's having a good time (as he was at that auction), his enthusiasm is absolutely infectious!

Sigh...
          That's an understatement, I have never laughed so much at an event before. It was great! The evening went by so fast!

I am happy I got this picture though

It was taken across the room. Not bad eh!
          Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
          sigpic
          Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
            I'm totally confused? The story I held from one of the handlers, he did the drawings at Gatecon, which then Becky said "Lets sell them and makes lot of money", RDA went "you are crazy", then Becky said "I'll bet you they will" and then they made a bet.(he lost the bet) So how could the pens have been made up already? Crazy!
            What Angie told me was that they called Mr. Anderson and asked him what he would like on the pen and he came up with the "Oceans make me wet" so they had the pens made and were selling them at Gatecon.

He created the doodles at Gatecon, possibly with one of the pens, possibly with another pen, don't really know. The doodles are separate from the pens.

Hope that clarifies it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
              Does actually anybody having a picture of the last doodle from Gatecon that recently was sold in that legends online auction? I came too late and it was already gone, but I would love to see what he drew there!
              I saw the picture which is not really a doodle as it was just a blank page with right then written in the centre and was signed at the bottom.

Comment

What Angie told me was that they called Mr. Anderson and asked him what he would like on the pen and he came up with the "Oceans make me wet" so they had the pens made and were selling them at Gatecon.

He created the doodles at Gatecon, possibly with one of the pens, possibly with another pen, don't really know. The doodles are separate from the pens.

Hope that clarifies it.
                LOL! Thanks!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                  OMG! I thought you made that up!

I must have one...
                  Originally posted by trupi View Post
                  I bought mine already! "Ocean make me wet" LOL! With shipping and handling it came to almost $20 US.
                  Whoa! I really like it too , but- the shipping and handling costs more than the pen...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chevronseven View Post
                    dang, that's hot...

*thud*
                    ((c7))!! Good to see you!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Now...I might be wrong...but I think there's one or two fans here of Mr. Richard Dean Anderson. I imagine that also means you like his series MacGyver, yeah? Well, I've just come across this article which I think might make those one or two of you happy. Check it out at this link: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20081118/...l-c60bd6d.html
                      Thanks, Alan! No, I think you're right - there are few who are fans of Mr. Anderson and that MacGyver guy...

Last year there was a similar survey here in the US where he topped the list of fictional heroes "who people would choose to ask for help in the event of an emergency." MacGyver beat out Indiana Jones and James Bond among others.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/m...americas-hero/

And here's a funny note that RDA sent to Kate's web site with his reaction to the poll.
                      http://www.rdanderson.com/updates/news07.htm#survey
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Verona. I remember that spread. He reminds me of George Michael in those photos...

Btw, for those who've never seen the whole thing, those pics are from an advertisement supplement that was in GQ Magazine in 1987. There are 4 pages of photos and a silly story.

http://www.rdanderson.com/archives/87-08-01.htm

Check out page 2 - RDA's Jack and Mac seem to have something in common: they don't have much luck catching fish...
                        Last edited by Mala50; 20 November 2008, 04:43 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's not by me but by the amazing Paya for those who met her:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q.../IMGP2686w.jpg
                          Is this the doodle to which you refer?

They were selling them at Gatecon. I got mine there!
                          Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC_0601.jpg

Thanks to the owner of this pic..and it wasn't me.

Hope that clarifies it.
                          Thanks for pics, everyone! And thank you for the explanation, penjab.

This is the pen that we're talking about, btw.
                          Last edited by Mala50; 20 November 2008, 04:45 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I saw the picture which is not really a doodle as it was just a blank page with right then written in the centre and was signed at the bottom.
                            Here it is. This one went for USD$307.69! :

sigpic

Comment

Interesting news story :

PHOTOS: Real-Life 'Gremlins' Found in the Wild

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/popup?id=2205608

Sanctuary's Episode 106 Nubbins
                              Spoiler:
                              ...kinda cute - not!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                                That's an understatement, I have never laughed so much at an event before. It was great! The evening went by so fast!

I am happy I got this picture though

It was taken across the room. Not bad eh!
                                Not bad at all!

Love the glasses!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X