• Show
Clear All

Mugabe

Should he be assassinated?

and the sky should have a hint of green

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      I think he should be tried by a court set up to judge his actions against his people. Most preferably, by his own, if not, by another group.

I'm content though to see him step down from power, doubt it would happen though.

The thing I'm wondering is, how many people here either A) care, or B) know who he is.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I don't know about assassinated, but I'd really like to see him go hunting with Dick Cheney in Texas...

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
          I'm content though to see him step down from power, doubt it would happen though.

The thing I'm wondering is, how many people here either A) care, or B) know who he is.
          If he was going to step down, that would have happened when he lost the election in the 1st vote. When he/the govt decided there should be a run-off election, I knew it was only a matter of time before he became dictator.

He won't declare himself a dictator thought - he'll say he won the election because the other parties dropped out. Of course, he'll leave out the fact the other parties dropped out because their choices were - stay in the election and be eventually killed, or leave and seek refuge in another country. And then in another couple years when the next election is scheduled, the same charade will happen again. That is if anyone decides to run against him.

Sadly it's a common ploy in many nations - Hugo Chavez is succeeding at this quite nicely in Venezuela.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

What is Mugabe's thugs' slogan? WW? "Win or War!"

If any nation deserves "regime change", it's assuredly Zimbabwe. They would undoubtedly be the better for it.

Comment

I reckon so, the sooner he is dead the better for all those poor people in Zimbabwe.
              sigpic

Comment

He'll get a Nobel Peace Prize eventually. People like him always do.

Assassinated? He probably should be- but who'd do that?
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  Unfortunately, my weekends are booked all the way through January.

Comment

He'll get a Nobel Peace Prize eventually. People like him always do.

The Russians. They love a good assassination.

Comment

The Russians. They love a good assassination.
                      They love a good African tyrant even more.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

They love a good African tyrant even more.
                        Don't all governments? As long as they can get something out of them, I mean.

Zimbabwe doesn't have oil so the Big 5 (Russia, China, France, UK, & US) in the UN aren't really interested in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                          Zimbabwe doesn't have oil so the Big 5 (Russia, China, France, UK, & US) in the UN aren't really interested in it.
                          Oil isn't the only factor. Zimbabwe is a major exporter of important raw materials such as gold, platinum, nickel and copper. It is also a client of Russian and Chinese military industry.

Comment

Well for Russia and China, stability > human rights, so if the country falls apart I can still see some polonium 210 finding it's way into Mugabe's morning tea.

Comment

Sam Fisher

Comment

Working...
                              X