Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you're saying that parents should effectively have the right to kill their child. I'm pretty sure the police/government can intervene when a child's safety is at risk, I think it should apply to this scenario too. Why should a child be condemned to death because the parents hold on to a particular belief system? It's sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargateboy22 View Post
      Today I got some disturbing news, a friend of mine who works at a hospital, met an older couple who brought their granddaughter, and she needed a blood transfusion badly. The girls parents weren't in town, and believe it or not, but her grandparents didn't tell the anyone that the girls parent's oppose blood transfusions on religious grounds. I was shocked, I didn't know what to say. What would you guys do? Would you perform the transfusion?
      Since the Parents were out of town did they provide the GrandParents with any kind of power of attorney for emergency situations?

If they did, the Grandparents would be within the rights of the POA to request treatment.

If the little girl needed a transfusion *badly* I will guess then that she had a known medical condition or something serious that would not have been undetected and the parents, if not the grandparents were aware of it.

If I am not mistaken, many states do have some laws in place to protect ER Docs if they have rendered service in good faith that the person stating they have athority has permitted it. Especially in a life or death situation.

My personal Opinion...is that if the life of any person is threaten and a simple medical procedure can save it, along with the quality of life the person enjoyed prior to the medical emergency the Provider is obligated to administer these procedures.

If there is not immenient danger of loss of life and the proper legal channels can be called upon first, then that must be done and adhered to until a loss of life becomes the priority. Then emergency tactics should step in.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

whoever modded my post cant read, guess i'll just have to agree to respect ignorance to post and lie about my level of respect for some idea's

Their parental rights have not been revoked. They DO have the right.

Sorry folks, but all religion can be claimed by others as superstition. Just because you don't happen to agree with one aspect of someone's belief system, does that immediately denigrate their religion to mere superstition? Do you consider your own belief system to be superstition? I think there's a definite lack of respect here. I don't agree with many religions, but I respect other's right to believe them. And to teach them to their children.
        i agree totally, that makes perfect sense, i can't believe your so right!!

i feel so dirty now
        sigpic
        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Working...
        X