Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't login at SciFi.com. Can anyone help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't login at SciFi.com. Can anyone help?

I have tried contacting scifi.com and they don't respont to my emails. I can't PM a mod on the scifi forums if I can't login. I have tried registering with 5 different email addresses. Can anyone help?

They did an upgrade some weeks ago and a lot of people have had to change handles or get help. Even the mods and admins had issues with being able to log in.
    You tried registering? Is that re-registering with a different handle?

Comment

You can't re-use handles, so yes I chose I different handle.

Comment

Do you know anyone who posts there that you can contact away from Skiffy? If you do, then let them know and see if they can PM an admin and let them know your handle, email addy, etc., and see if they can fix it.

Comment

That's why I was posting here. I don't know anyone that can help.

I was able to register with my aol email that I never use, but it did not send me the confirmation email which makes me wonder if I will be able to receive PM's and thread update notifications.

Comment

hm maybe Brian can help, he's a mod at the SCI FI forum. I'll PM him
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I am able to login with an aol account, but no email notifications at least not yet.

Comment

Yeah, briangate might be able to help, what Jumper said.

I am sort of persona non grata there right now, so.....

Comment

Get this:

My gmail account, which has an incomplete registration, ie won't let me log in, receives topic reply notifications, but I can't log in with that account.

When I use lost password, the email I get back says there is no handle or password associated with that email, BUT it won't let me register using that email how insane!

Comment

Originally posted by jbachandouris View Post
                    I have tried contacting scifi.com and they don't respont to my emails. I can't PM a mod on the scifi forums if I can't login. I have tried registering with 5 different email addresses. Can anyone help?
                    Hi, what is your handle name there? Also, you can PM me your e-mail address and Handle over on SCI FI. My handle is squall78 I am a Global moderator. I'll do my best to get your handle active.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Hi, what is your handle name there? Also, you can PM me your e-mail address and Handle over on SCI FI. My handle is squall78 I am a Global moderator. I'll do my best to get your handle active.
                      I have 4 handles right now. Only jbachandouris4 is working, but it is attached to my aol email which is not receiving email notifications.

I would prefer jbachandouris and [email protected] (that was the email and handle I had before the 'upgrade.'

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                        Yeah, briangate might be able to help, what Jumper said.

I am sort of persona non grata there right now, so.....
                        Yes, we do miss you there.

Originally posted by jbachandouris View Post
                        I have 4 handles right now. Only jbachandouris4 is working, but it is attached to my aol email which is not receiving email notifications.

I would prefer jbachandouris and [email protected] (that was the email and handle I had before the 'upgrade.'
                        Ok thanks I am going to send the info to one of the admins.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok thanks I am going to send the info to one of the admins.
                          Here's hoping!

Comment

I gave up on scifi the last time they did an update and I couldn't log on. I was a member there from the first day they had a bboard, but they couldn't find me so too bad. I had thousands of posts over on the old board and I wasn't too wild about the new setup but was willing to give it a try. Oh well, I'm happier here at GW now, although there are a few folks I miss.
                            sigpic

Comment

That is so not what you said the other day. You said no one even noticed I was gone and didn't care when you mentioned it.

Comment

Working...
                              X