Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just found a sad but quite heart warming story about our troops...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found a sad but quite heart warming story about our troops...

That is British troops but we're all on the same side right?

The article is here. It's really quite a tale and it made me very proud of our troops in Afganistan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

The men repeatedly braved enemy fire to rescue their injured and fatally wounded comrades from the hands of the Taliban.

Private Luke Cole, 22, carried on fighting after half his thigh bone was blown away.

When another bullet ripped open his stomach, he simply tucked his shirt in tighter "to hold everything in" - and carried on keeping the enemy at bay until back-up arrived.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

wow, medal material or what!!
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      wow, medal material or what!!
      Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Indeed.
        i just finished reading the article in full, i just skimmed it before. but why on eatrth didn't he or cupples get the victoria cross!!
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

i just finished reading the article in full, i just skimmed it before. but why on eatrth didn't he or cupples get the victoria cross!!
          I wondered the same thing. it would certainly be fitting.

Comment

I wondered the same thing. it would certainly be fitting.
            i know they are hard to get, i guess that's why, i think every time one is given out, they become more stringent with what you have to do to get one since they are running out of victoria cross metal.

The two awards given in the 21st century to British personnel have been for actions in the Afghanistan conflict and the Iraq War. On 18 March 2005, Lance Corporal (then Private) Johnson Beharry of the 1st Battalion, Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment became the first recipient of the VC since Sergeant Ian McKay in 1982.[12] The most recent award of the Victoria Cross to a British service person was the posthumous award on 14 December 2006 to Corporal Bryan Budd of 3 Para. It was awarded for two separate acts of "inspirational leadership and the greatest valour" which led to his death, during actions against the Taliban in Afghanistan in July and August 2006.[56]
            so people have recieved them in afghanistan
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            Quotes!
            sigpic

Comment

i know they are hard to get, i guess that's why, i think every time one is given out, they become more stringent with what you have to do to get one since they are running out of victoria cross metal.

so people have recieved them in afghanistan
              they aren't always awarded immediately though so they may get one yet. but i'm willing to bet there some stupid bearocratic rule now that says that there can only be one given out in so many years.

Comment

they aren't always awarded immediately though so they may get one yet. but i'm willing to bet there some stupid bearocratic rule now that says that there can only be one given out in so many years.
                that cant be true because both that have been given this centure were in 2004.

there have only been 13 given out since WW2 though
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                Quotes!
                sigpic

Comment

that cant be true because both that have been given this centure were in 2004.

there have only been 13 given out since WW2 though
                  just have to wait and see i guess then. they certainly deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                  X