Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of WHALING disguised as RESEARCH?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of WHALING disguised as RESEARCH?

Research my ass.....

The Japanese are just thumbing their noses at the rest of the civilized world....

So what do folks her think about Whaling disguised as "scientific research" as claimed by our Japanese friends?
    Yes continue hunting whales
    14.29%
    No I don't support the slaughter of whales
    80.95%
    Don't care either way
    4.76%
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

I reckon someone needs to put a couple of torpedos in their whaling ship, I don't think anything else is going to stop them in a hurry. Anyone here got a submarine?
    sigpic

Comment

The Japanese aren't the only country doing 'whale research'. So why are they singled out for all the blame? Shouldn't we try and get all of them to stop?

Comment

Originally posted by shrap View Post
        The Japanese aren't the only country doing 'whale research'. So why are they singled out for all the blame? Shouldn't we try and get all of them to stop?

Which other countries do this?

I think the reason Japan gets most of the bad press is that they're the most arrogant and up front about it.. The whole world sees what they're doing but they just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
          I reckon someone needs to put a couple of torpedos in their whaling ship, I don't think anything else is going to stop them in a hurry. Anyone here got a submarine?

Wouldn't they consider that an act of war?

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
            Which other countries do this?

I think the reason Japan gets most of the bad press is that they're the most arrogant and up front about it.. The whole world sees what they're doing but they just don't care.
            Iceland and Norway also whale under the scientific research loophole.

Comment

Thats true. Maybe someone should just sink it when its in the harbour then, like the French did to the Rainbow Warrior in Auckland. I'm sure if it was all planned carefully enough nobody would ever know who was responsible.
              sigpic

Comment

As long as Japan is an important ally to the west in that region of the world we'll probably carry on turning a blind eye...

Comment

if you guys want this to be a poll, i need the options that you want please
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    if you guys want this to be a poll, i need the options that you want please

I did in fact "report" the first message in the thread to add a poll so it's somewhere in moderator land

Comment

What are the actual options you want in your poll?

Comment

well if they don't know what nation did this you can pull it off

Comment

Research my ass.....

The Japanese are just thumbing their noses at the rest of the civilized world....

So what do folks her think about Whaling disguised as "scientific research" as claimed by our Japanese friends?
                          well you can't stop it some one is just going to keep doing it and political action will not work on these guys. You need military action but no nation is gona spend millions of dolors to enforce it

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
                            well you can't stop it some one is just going to keep doing it and political action will not work on these guys. You need military action but no nation is gona spend millions of dolors to enforce it

Yeah I guess .... Hmmm Also countries like mine could embargo ships like when they come into our ports to refuel refuse them fuel

Comment

just found this on new scientist, i guess it's related

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/env...ys-norway.html
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X