This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Jumper View Post
    Christopher Columbus. He discovered the America's.. I think that had a huge impact on history.. don't ya think?
    well that brings up my point again that if he didn't someone else would have. maybe a bit later, but it wouldnt have changed the world THAT much
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

the most indluental person ever is chuck norris

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jumper View Post
        Christopher Columbus. He discovered the America's.. I think that had a huge impact on history.. don't ya think?
        Christopher Columbus didn't Discover America,

It was Leif Ericson!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          well that brings up my point again that if he didn't someone else would have. maybe a bit later, but it wouldnt have changed the world THAT much
          You do have a point there.

Comment

I say Robert opinhiemer is the man who made the biggest impact in history. He made the atomic bomb opening up a new age in technology

Comment

Ok to be serious in my choice here...

beyond the cavemen ug and urr who discovered how to make fire and invented the wheel.

My vote for the title of "The most influential person in history" goes to Rosalind Franklin. She did most of the experimental work on discovering the structure of DNA. Indeed there is some controversy over her recognition in the discovery

clicky

Loath as I am to post a wikipedia article it sums up the controversy quite well
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Just picking a name that I haven't noticed.... how's about.... Aristotle.

Comment

I'd have to go with either King Leonidas or Gaius Julius Cesar.

One defended the west from a foreign dictator and the other was the first dictator of the world's largest and long-lasting empire.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Stalin is a pretty big figure in history too
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Archemedies!! father of science
                      and Socrates!! Father of modern thought
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        I'd have to go with either King Leonidas or Gaius Julius Cesar.

One defended the west from a foreign dictator and the other was the first dictator of the world's largest and long-lasting empire.
                        The Roman Empire wasn't the worlds largest.

Comment

Working...
                        X