Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose it would be nearly impossible to know for certain what kind of impact his theories and inventions would have on today's world. However I know a little bit about him and I am in awe of what he proposed. The issue of wireless electricity was one of the most amazing things I discovered about him. We might all have free limitless electrical energy today were it not for J.P. Morgan discontinuing his financial support of the man. He was in the process of building the first of a multitude of large towers that utilized the earth's atmosphere to generate electricity. These network of towers would have blanketed the nation much in the same way cell towers allow for coverage in large areas. Tesla contrived a method to allow people to power their homes, factories, and businesses with a simple device mounted on the side of a building and electricity would be drawn in for use. this method would require no electric utility poles, overhead wires, substations, or transformers.
    The brilliance of the man speaks for itself. He supposedly had a vision of the electric motor that he developed and is now used around the world. The idea came to him one day out of the blue from what I understand. It is also a shame how Thomas Edison treated the man. Edison stiffed Tesla on a great number of patents and inventions which caused Tesla to quit Edison's company and strike out on his own.
    He was a true prodigy but for all his great intellect the man did not have a nose for business. despite accumulating a large fortune over his lifetime he squandered it through bad investments and in the pursuit of other inventions. Telsa died alone and peniless in New York City and the treasure trove of papers and plans he left behind-including his rumored particle death ray- were taken by people from the US State Department. To this day no one knows what happened to those documents and plans. If you believe everything you read about conspiracies the US slowly released a number of these patents to certain commercial interests. Some have speculated that this was how the microwave oven, the microchip, and solar panels came to the marketplace. Thesse conspiracy theories tend to go off the deep end a bit though. I read one theory that suggested George H. W. Bush was a German immigrant who was working for some Nazi interests and that he assasinated Tesla in order to smuggle the information to certain interests with ties to both the US and Nazi Germany!
    "Colonel listen to me. Speech is thought verbalized. Languages are codes. I'm a linguist. I'm a codebreaker. Don't you see? If I can do this I can read their minds."

Comment

Working...
    X