This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    oh, that is seriously disturbing! we don't have a burger king in our burger king commercials over here...thank goodness. so does this guy think he got drunk and had hot wild monkey sex with the king the night before?
    It's been a long time since we had that character in the "BK" commercials[frankly,thanks to this,he should've stayed away]but it was always in the ones geared for the kids.
    The guy's expression is rather blase'.Mild suprise at the most.I doubt the sponsor had intended sexual innuendo at all but the the bed,the toching ,the lingering shot of "BK" smiling at the guy after he just rolled over...[shudder].
    The gist is starting off your morning with "Burger King" as breakfast.What I got was starting off my day with a creepy image burned into my brain!
    Who knows,"BK" had that "subservient chicken"website to promote their chicken sandwiches awhile back.Maybe the racy undertone wasn't altogether unintentional
    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

LOL...Nuggle...my hubs was saying the same thing when we saw that commercial....He was like *Doesn't anyone else see something WRONG with this???*
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
        Aschen,you want creepy?Here's creepy!

Have you seen the new "Burger King" commercial where the guy wakes up & rolls over to find the "Burger King"sitting on the bed with him [he's even got a fake head on the costume complete with a big smile]."BK"touches the guy's arm lightly then gets him a breakfast sandwich.It says something about waking up with "Burger King"....I think.....i'm too busy being creeped out by the image to hear a danged thing that's being said.
        It'd make a great PSA about the dangers of over drinking[& waking up next to something scary the next morning].
        Maybe it's just my demented imagination ,but I find it disturbing as heck!
        Funny,.......but disturbing
        Yeah, this one pretty much grossed me out too. Not sure if I understand what they were trying to tell us, and not sure if I want to know. Too Much Information (TMI---I know but I just wanted to show off that I know it!).
        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Does anyone else get mesmorized by the picture in my signature? I get all googly when I look at Buddha. There's something so innocent and good natured. Something I would strive to be.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
            Does anyone else get mesmorized by the picture in my signature? I get all googly when I look at Buddha. There's something so innocent and good natured. Something I would strive to be.
            It is nice......Maybe it'll help get "that other image" out of my mind....you know, the one "I" innvoked....
            nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
              It is nice......Maybe it'll help get "that other image" out of my mind....you know, the one "I" innvoked....
              it is very peaceful and calming..buddha, i mean, not BK Innuendo. Tame's sig is always one i end up staring at for a good ten minutes
              Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                *sniffles*

((((((critter)))))))
                ((((((kiwigater))))))

Thankyou!

I was feeling awfully singled out there, and a certain family member (no names or surmising who please) was being particularly snippy to all us OTers.

I make a lot of contributions to the Sam Jack topic. Look at my previous posts if you don't believe me.

Part of what makes our thread so great is the fact that we CAN (used to) diverge OT, but that we still kept up with the ship chatter.

Without OT, our family wouldn't be the same.

I joined at the beginning of thread eight, and even during that testing time, there was OT posts and fun. I wouldn't of stayed long if there wasn't.
                ((((((((((SK)))))))))))))

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here too!

I sometimes tend to rant about things that are off-topic! Like this stupid WNY economy! When I can finally get married, I'm goin' down South for my career since the taxes are lower down there. The taxes are a killer up here in WNY.

PS: For those who are slow on the uptake, WNY = Western New York

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                  okay, dragging this back up to the top again..penguins are cute. i love watching them at the zoo. and caty, that was such a cute story. they look intelligent, penguins, don't they, like they know what you're thinking. and so do wolves, but in a scary way. but piranha's..i went to the piranha tank at london zoo, and my boyfriend tapped on the glass, and every piranha just turned and stared, in perfect formation. it was chilling. wish i'd taken the opportunity to throw my boyfriend in now....

Yeah cute story ...the mummy could not believe it when she looked in the bath...Just imagine !!!!

Evil lady ...is your b/f not good enough?!!!

Piranhas are really scary...and probably intelligent too!!!!!!!!huhhhhhh. .It's only a fish but they seem to have coordination..I thought fish had very tiny brains ....must be their highly developped senses then which makes them react to the vibration of the glass.

What about Aliens/Predators ..that looks scary ..I'm watching it next week for my Birthday...aHHHH

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Sorry.

Mishy's my best friend and although we do talk a lot here, I responded to other peoples posts too.
                    We do talk about Stargate at school, but our friends don't appreciate it. We used to IM each other, but my Yahoo thingy no longer works.

I'd like to point out that I got snapped at in the Ship thread, and I am majorly annoyed at that fact. I got singled out (not by anyone here btw) and I not exactly in a good mood. I even deleted the post, and I felt like going back and deleting all of my posts.

I may still do.
                    (((((((((((((((((SK))))))))))))))))))

Sorry you got snapped at!

It's no fun when people snap at you for doing something that you don't even know is bad!

Comment

Not exactly off-topic, but I found this neat Stargate simulator program that sorta basically lets me be Chevron Guy!!

I can wait for off-world activations and close the iris against unauthorised travellers and I can dial out to other planets.

I'm having entirely too much fun! Can't ya tell?

Comment

There might be another and more appropriate place to post this question, but here goes anyways. I don't know who to vote for - Bush or Kerry. I don't like either. Out of all the probs going on in the US right now, my main concern is about the war going on in Irac. I'm not crazy about how Bush handled the war, but I also know we can't simply walk away and leave things to them. I feel we'll have to watch them for the rest of our existance (to help, recovery, and watch our backs). So, what is Kerry's ideas on handling the war (if he takes office)? It there's a better place to talk about this, please steer me in the right direction.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          There might be another and more appropriate place to post this question, but here goes anyways. I don't know who to vote for - Bush or Kerry. I don't like either. Out of all the probs going on in the US right now, my main concern is about the war going on in Irac. I'm not crazy about how Bush handled the war, but I also know we can't simply walk away and leave things to them. I feel we'll have to watch them for the rest of our existance (to help, recovery, and watch our backs). So, what is Kerry's ideas on handling the war (if he takes office)? It there's a better place to talk about this, please steer me in the right direction.

Sally
                          Hi Sally, I'm sorry I can't answer your question as I have enough problems with my own politicians, but I just wanted to say, yet again, how much I love your sig pics. They always make me laugh.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            Hi Sally, I'm sorry I can't answer your question as I have enough problems with my own politicians, but I just wanted to say, yet again, how much I love your sig pics. They always make me laugh.
                            Thanks, Bev!

I'm a bit disappointed in this one because I couldn't use the dialog for Jack that I really wanted. I wanted to say
                            Spoiler:
                            'Uh, Sam, I'm worn out... you've worn me out'
                            , or something along that line. I wanted it more risque, but I knew I needed to keep it PG. I still might tweak it and work on Jack's dialog, though.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

Evil lady ...is your b/f not good enough?!!!
                              b/f is now an ex, and was a cheat and a liar and a thief. bitten to death by piranhas was too good for him....maybe i should have rubbed pepper in the crotch of all his underpants, or put his phone number up on toilet walls..so many ways to have revenge, so little time

[/quote]

What about Aliens/Predators ..that looks scary ..I'm watching it next week for my Birthday...aHHHH

Caty [/QUOTE]

i've read the comic books, not sure how well it'll translate to the screen..lets us know..and btw

Happy Birthday, Talented Video Maker!!

Comment

caty..music videos...Halloween was great, reminded me how scary stargate can be. i believe in you..one of my fave evansence songs and a great job you did with it...i love how the way you mix music and pics brings out things and feelings and moments i never noticed before. may it be was gorgeous, and i love waht you did with the lowdown, reminded me the shippiness really is there. see it in a boy's eyes..noce comparision between the two relationships, sam and pete, sam and jack...that final shot still breaks my heart.

and nothing compares to you was just perfect. really sad, and heartbreaking and clever...i could watch that so many times

I'm posting this here so everyone can see how wonderful your videos are, and immediatly go and see them!

Comment

Working...
                                X