This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    i stopped after the first 7 words of your post.
    reading the bible is your first mistake.
    historical fiction at its finest - or worst depending on how you look at it.
    i mean, it starts with God creating the world in 7 days - and it's all downhill from there.
    yeah, no.
    i think ur lol fossil is funny! u should add it to the icanhascheezburger site
    & i think the 7 days are symbolic & not literal. i think God made the dinosaurs millions of yrs ago.
    & be nice to dave too.
    dalene

thx to StoyBoy720, x_stargatergirl_x, muh_tuttles, csom221, luciana, & the other lovely Shep-thunkers for the awesome siggies!

Comment

Originally posted by dalene View Post
      why can't 1 be right & rest deluded? that's a possibility - a much better possibility than 2+ of them being right.
      It's not impossible I suppose, just highly unlikely. If every other religion can have followers deluding themselves, then it stands to reason that all can.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
        i'm pretty sure it wasn't the story of soddom and gomorrah, it was very similar though. i believe the story of sodom and gomorrah involves angels, right?
        Edit: it is judges 19:22-29 if you want to look it up.
        ok, so wrong story - sorry but i still think that the point wasn't that women are lesser. it had to do with the corruption of the culture. see the last line of the chapter: v.30 "And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen from the day that the children of Israel came up out of the land of Egypt unto this day: consider of it, take advice, and speak your minds."

no you don't acually, just because you have a brain doesnt mean you automatically know how it works. this is a great example of your preconceptions determining your conclusions on a matter.
        you may have seen a picture in glancing, out of the corner of your eye. it may have just been coincidence. or subconcsiously you made an assumption.

just because you can't explain something doesn't mean it can be automatically expalined with "it was God".

may i ask, how do you explain déja vu?
        ok, well, then my life is full of coincidences & my subconsciousness in on overload, i see random pictures & then see complete strangers & i know snippets about their lives, i know when people are sick before i see or talk to them, i assume (correctly) things about future events all the time. please tell me what that is then?

idk how to explain deja vu.
        Last edited by dalene; 18 December 2008, 09:50 AM. Reason: addition
        dalene

thx to StoyBoy720, x_stargatergirl_x, muh_tuttles, csom221, luciana, & the other lovely Shep-thunkers for the awesome siggies!

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
          Did you know it was this guy's grampa? If you'd have said the same thing to me I'd have made a connection with it, so would many people.
          I also don't see how this is proof of god at all.
          to be clearer: i knew that the bus & old man were significant (not necessarily that he was his grandfather).

this is just one example i was using. i & many others around the world, have had multiple similar experiences that have brought comfort to other people.
          dalene

Comment

i think ur lol fossil is funny! u should add it to the icanhascheezburger site
            & i think the 7 days are symbolic & not literal. i think God made the dinosaurs millions of yrs ago.
            & be nice to dave too.
            lol & wer in westrn NY R U from lolz & Im frm ;cuse originally

and I am being nice.
            I just can't help it if religious people are so blinded by religion.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
              LOL! I stopped reading your posts.....period. I mean, what's the point when your mind is made up and you don't want to discuss the topic of the thread? You're right. So there's no further reason to discuss this with you.

~Dave
              Morbo is easily the most pointless and unproductive poster I've encountered in a long while.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                Morbo is easily the most pointless and unproductive poster I've encountered in a long while.
                I guess people get like that sometimes. But I like the discussion, and there's no reason to debate someone who doesn't want to debate. The guy has lots of green, so someone must have liked his posts at some point. Unless it was the product of the Free Green thread. (Like a lot of mine. LOL!)

~Dave

Comment

There can be no proof either way. For example, what would you be willing to accept as proof? I have never gotten anything but an evasion to that question.

~Dave
                  I don't know what proof of god would be, but your experience says nothing of the existence of this being you call 'God'. You may as well say it is proof of the invisible brain pixies.
                  sigpic
                  http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                  http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                    I don't know what proof of god would be, but your experience says nothing of the existence of this being you call 'God'. You may as well say it is proof of the invisible brain pixies.

No one does. I can't even answer my own question. Can't think of anything I'd accept as proof either. So even those who say "you can't prove the existence of God", would not accept anything as proof even if you did offer something up. God Himself could come down here and do some miracles, and we still wouldn't believe. If you believe the Christian Bible, that happened once before.

~Dave
                    Last edited by ~Dave; 18 December 2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      at your service.

Comment

Seems like the roots of the Christian religion rests in the Jewish faith. So the next 4 years might be critical. From what I can gather, Obama doesn't think he can stop Iran from developing the atomic bomb and a way to deliver it intermediate range. He is also on record as wanting Israel to give land for peace. Some believe Ben Netanyahu will win the next election to lead Israel and that he will bomb Iran to try and prevent them from getting the "bomb".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if another nation wipes out Israel, doesn't this signal the beginning of the apocalypse according to the Bible? If we want proof of the existence of God, we might not have long to wait. (If you believe in that kind of thing.)

*edit* Doesn't an ancient Mayan calendar predict the end of the world in 2012?

~Dave
                        Last edited by ~Dave; 18 December 2008, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                          oh ?

accident does not imply mistake
                          That's right:

ac·ci·dent (²k“s¹-d…nt, -dµnt”) n. 1.a. An unexpected, undesirable event. b. An unforeseen incident. 2. Lack of intention; chance. 3. Logic. A circumstance or an attribute that is not essential to the nature of something.

So it's not compatible with God doing it on purpose and with premeditation. At least from my way of reading the Bible. *edit* Although I'm not sure that the "undesirable" part doesn't imply mistake.

~Dave

Comment

*edit* Doesn't an ancient Mayan calendar predict the end of the world in 2012?

~Dave

Yes it does by a massive meteeorite...... December 21 2012 I believe

Just put that date into google and watch a fun as a million conspiracy sites pop up.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

ok, well, then my life is full of coincidences & my subconsciousness in on overload, i see random pictures & then see complete strangers & i know snippets about their lives, i know when people are sick before i see or talk to them, i assume (correctly) things about future events all the time. please tell me what that is then?

idk how to explain deja vu.
                              and you don't believe in ESP? most people in your position would. you think god is showing you this stuff and not anyone else? why you? what can you do to help all these people? are you a doctor? a counciller?

and may i ask, if i reach for my phone get ready to call someone and they call me before i get the chance? is that god too?

That's right:

ac·ci·dent (²k“s¹-d…nt, -dµnt”) n. 1.a. An unexpected, undesirable event. b. An unforeseen incident. 2. Lack of intention; chance. 3. Logic. A circumstance or an attribute that is not essential to the nature of something.

So it's not compatible with God doing it on purpose and with premeditation. At least from my way of reading the Bible. *edit* Although I'm not sure that the "undesirable" part doesn't imply mistake.

~Dave

in this case i think the definition shoulf be assumed as "2. Lack of intention; chance"
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

I am Proud to call myself a Christian
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X