This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
    In either case, I think that the actions of the individual should be seen as to whether they are legal or illegal. If you're a religious person, I'm sure God or Demons could be whispering to you. Usually religious people would say that if it's of God, it's a good action. But if it's of Satan, it's a bad action. If someone says the Devil made him/her do it, then I guess I'll take them at their word, but prosecute if it's an illegal action. The act is all I really care about.

~Dave
    The thing is, within the law I think if someone who is hearing voices is judged to be a harm to either themselves or others, they can be committed to a mental institution, whether they've broken a law or not. I personally am against it, but on the other hand I don't really know much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      The thing is, within the law I think if someone who is hearing voices is judged to be a harm to either themselves or others, they can be committed to a mental institution, whether they've broken a law or not. I personally am against it, but on the other hand I don't really know much about it.
      Well, maybe there's two separate things here. Hearing voices which are not there, and hearing God talking to you. They might not be the same thing to a religious person.

It kind of goes to what happens when you think. What do you actually do when you think? Personally, I think you just have a sub-verbal conversation with yourself debating an issue. You talk to your self, only not out loud. So maybe this is either judged good or bad depending on if you're religious. Does Satan "whisper" in someone's ear when they are contemplating doing something bad? And does God reply with urging to forget that and do the right thing? Or is this all your own brain just kicking an idea around? I don't know. But sometimes I'm considering something less than savory, and then "come to my senses" and finally decide on the "right" thing to do. We all probably have these kinds of conflicting thoughts. Where do they come from, and why do we even have the moral conflicts within ourselves? God/Satan? Good/Evil? Damned (pun intended) if I know.

*edit* As far as the law is concerned, they have to do what they have to do. I have no control over that one.

~Dave

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          This needs an explanation. If you have faith in the Bible, you believe that in about 4004BC the Earth was remade with the creation of animals, plants, and Mankind. And any fossils dating before that time belong to the previous Earth age. I'm not getting any impact from this picture/message.

~Dave

Comment

it means that dinosaurs existed 100 million years ago.
            and god had nothing to do with it.

Comment

it means that dinosaurs existed 100 million years ago.
              and god had nothing to do with it.
              Not from my reading of the Bible. We don't know what there was or what happened before the reformation of the Earth at the beginning of Genesis. Supposedly God wiped that all out and remade the world. The fossils to which you refer were part of what was here before the Creation at the beginning of Genesis. It has nothing to do with the faith to which you refer. Maybe there are Biblical scholars here who will contradict me on this, but I think you are way off here. But we have no idea what happened 100 million years ago. It simply doesn't matter to faith whether God had anything to do with the dinosaurs or not.

~Dave

Comment

Not from my reading of the Bible. We don't know what there was or what happened before the reformation of the Earth at the beginning of Genesis. Supposedly God wiped that all out and remade the world. The fossils to which you refer were part of what was here before the Creation at the beginning of Genesis. It has nothing to do with the faith to which you refer. Maybe there are Biblical scholars here who will contradict me on this, but I think you are way off here. But we have no idea what happened 100 million years ago. It simply doesn't matter to faith whether God had anything to do with the dinosaurs or not.

~Dave
                i stopped after the first 7 words of your post.
                reading the bible is your first mistake.
                historical fiction at its finest - or worst depending on how you look at it.
                i mean, it starts with God creating the world in 7 days - and it's all downhill from there.
                yeah, no.

Comment

i stopped after the first 7 words of your post.
                  reading the bible is your first mistake.
                  historical fiction at its finest - or worst depending on how you look at it.
                  i mean, it starts with God creating the world in 7 days - and it's all downhill from there.
                  yeah, no.
                  LOL! I stopped reading your posts.....period. I mean, what's the point when your mind is made up and you don't want to discuss the topic of the thread? You're right. So there's no further reason to discuss this with you.

~Dave
                  Last edited by ~Dave; 17 December 2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

You're right.
                    ~Dave
                    he gets it!

Comment

Here we go...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Here we go...
                        Brace yourselves people....

This'll be fun.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                          Brace yourselves people....

This'll be fun.

I've got my popcorn ready.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dalene View Post
                            yeah, it's the story of Sodom & Gomorrah & its destruction. but God didn't send a prophet & tell the dude to give his daughters up bc they were worthless. the passage did not say women are worthless. the point of the passage was that they, in that city/culture, were living in pretty crazy times & the people didn't even know what to do & made bad decisions. this dude was chicken-sh!t & gave his daughters up bc he's a selfish jerk. fathers are supposed to protect their daughters - any real man would protect his children before himself. later in the NT it even says that a leader within the church should be caring for his family first, & then if he can't even do that he certainly shouldn't be caring for the church until he gets things taken care of at home. sorry someone taught you the wrong point of the story.
                            i'm pretty sure it wasn't the story of soddom and gomorrah, it was very similar though. i believe the story of sodom and gomorrah involves angels, right?
                            Edit: it is judges 19:22-29 if you want to look it up.

well, since it was i my head i guess i have a better idea of where it came from, no? i don't have ESP. & when i was in college i didn't read the local news. besides, even if i had seen a pic of a bus on paper, how would i have known it was this particular guy's grampa?
                            no you don't acually, just because you have a brain doesnt mean you automatically know how it works. this is a great example of your preconceptions determining your conclusions on a matter.
                            you may have seen a picture in glancing, out of the corner of your eye. it may have just been coincidence. or subconcsiously you made an assumption.

just because you can't explain something doesn't mean it can be automatically expalined with "it was God".

may i ask, how do you explain déja vu?
                            Last edited by AvatarIII; 18 December 2008, 01:55 AM.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

well, since it was i my head i guess i have a better idea of where it came from, no? i don't have ESP. & when i was in college i didn't read the local news. besides, even if i had seen a pic of a bus on paper, how would i have known it was this particular guy's grampa?
                              Did you know it was this guy's grampa? If you'd have said the same thing to me I'd have made a connection with it, so would many people.
                              I also don't see how this is proof of god at all.
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                                Did you know it was this guy's grampa? If you'd have said the same thing to me I'd have made a connection with it, so would many people.
                                I also don't see how this is proof of god at all.
                                There can be no proof either way. For example, what would you be willing to accept as proof? I have never gotten anything but an evasion to that question.

~Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X