Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I can't know for sure what causes global warming. "Scientists" say at one time the poles were tropical. What caused that? Then there were ice ages, and then warming. What caused that? Oil under the ground was supposedly caused by tropical plants and animal remains. A LOT of them, over millions of years. Yet this oil is found at almost every place on earth. How could that be without most or all of the planet being tropical at some point(s) in history? Maybe dinosaur farts released so much greenhouse gas into the atmosphere that it caused run away global warming. Maybe THAT'S what killed them, and when they were gone, all returned to "normal". So who among us know for sure regardless of any evidence?

I no longer care what causes climate change. Like I said before, it has to be beneficial to everyone if GW advocates want to clean up the environment. Bless you all, go right ahead and do it. I will breathe cleaner air, the solid waste I generate will be efficiently managed, and we will produce no more pollution. Great. Let's get started. Maybe we lead by example.

~Dave

Comment

i totally agree ~dave
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
        Personally, I can't know for sure what causes global warming. "Scientists" say at one time the poles were tropical. What caused that? Then there were ice ages, and then warming. What caused that? Oil under the ground was supposedly caused by tropical plants and animal remains. A LOT of them, over millions of years. Yet this oil is found at almost every place on earth. How could that be without most or all of the planet being tropical at some point(s) in history? Maybe dinosaur farts released so much greenhouse gas into the atmosphere that it caused run away global warming. Maybe THAT'S what killed them, and when they were gone, all returned to "normal". So who among us know for sure regardless of any evidence?
        well, we know for a fact that all of earth's land formed a super continent, so it makes sense that oil would be found all over the world. and there is a theory that lingering dinosaur farts helped end one of the ice ages.(lol)
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

So, let's organize a resistance movement. Everyone stop burning anything until the government gives us clean energy.

~Dave

Comment

would dino's have farted? it could possibly be assumed they would have a similar digestive system to either modern day birds or reptiles.... do birds and reptiles fart or is it just mammals?
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              would dino's have farted? it could possibly be assumed they would have a similar digestive system to either modern day birds or reptiles.... do birds and reptiles fart or is it just mammals?
              Let's get "scientists" on that. *edit* I know something "stinks" about this whole thing, but I can't quite figure out what it is.

~Dave

Comment

So, let's organize a resistance movement. Everyone stop burning anything until the government gives us clean energy.

~Dave
                that's impossible. but there's nothing wrong with cutting down.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                Quotes!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  that's impossible. but there's nothing wrong with cutting down.
                  Of course I jest. I agree with that.

~Dave

Comment

I no longer care what causes climate change. Like I said before, it has to be beneficial to everyone if GW advocates want to clean up the environment. Bless you all, go right ahead and do it. I will breathe cleaner air, the solid waste I generate will be efficiently managed, and we will produce no more pollution. Great. Let's get started. Maybe we lead by example.

~Dave
                    It's not just about cleaning up the environment because it's nice, if there's a chance that we are contributing to climate change, we have to do something about it.
                    sigpic
                    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                      It's not just about cleaning up the environment, if there's a chance that we are contributing to climate change, we have to do something about it.
                      Oh. I thought cleaning up the environment would lead to less pollution, and less greenhouse gases, and less climate change. Is that wrong?

~Dave

Comment

Oh. I thought cleaning up the environment would lead to less pollution, and less greenhouse gases, and less climate change. Is that wrong?

~Dave
                        I meant cleaning up the environment because a cleaner environment is nicer.
                        It's about cutting greenhouse gases if there is even a chance that we're contributing to global warming. Not because it's nicer but because it is our responsibility.
                        sigpic

Comment

I meant cleaning up the environment because a cleaner environment is nicer.
                          It's about cutting greenhouse gases if there is even a chance that we're contributing to global warming. Not because it's nicer but because it is our responsibility.
                          Well, there's nothing wrong with us benefiting by breathing cleaner air as a result of doing something to remove ourselves from the cause of global warming, is there?

*edit* Trying to combat global warming gives us a nicer environment definitely benefiting us, and maybe benefiting the Earth. Certainly a win/win scenario. Right? After all, it's us we're trying to save. The planet will survive whether we're here or not.

~Dave
                          Last edited by ~Dave; 17 December 2008, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Well, there's nothing wrong with us benefiting by breathing cleaner air as a result of doing something to remove ourselves from the cause of global warming, is there?

~Dave
                            No. I just wanted to be clear that our reasons for doing it aren't just to benefit from cleaner air.
                            sigpic

Comment

No. I just wanted to be clear that our reasons for doing it aren't just to benefit from cleaner air.
                              I edited my last post:

*edit* Trying to combat global warming gives us a nicer environment definitely benefiting us, and maybe benefiting the Earth. Certainly a win/win scenario. Right? After all, it's us we're trying to save. The planet will survive whether we're here or not.

We're doing it for our own survival. Let's be clear/honest about that.

~Dave

Comment

I edited my last post:

Sorry I didn't see.

We're doing it for our own survival. Let's be clear about that.
                                I agree, that too. And for the survival of other species that might become extinct because of our behaviour.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X