This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    I am actually curious as to what you qualify as bad science because, let me tell you, as someone who spends a great deal of her life reading scientific journals and papers, and analysing all sorts of data, I have seen all sorts of science including the stuff that doesn't warrant the name.

But a lot of the evidence that supports global warming is not bad science; it is facts and figures, measurable increases in global temperatures that have been tracked over hundred of years, measurable changes in the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere and in the oceans. Not only are the numbers real and irrefutable and plain as day for anyone to see, but so are the noted changes in the global climate, the melting of the polar ice caps and subsequent rise of sea levels.

So I don't know how well versed you are in this topic, but you could stand to read some more if, as you claim, so much of what you've read is "bad science". There is a lot of good science out there that supports global warming.

Take a look at The Environmental Protection Ageny's website for a decent catalog of facts, figures, and charts. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    What about the facts since you like to call these such that those studies were done in the summer when ice caps are supposed to be melting and then they grew right back to their normal size, and some of the reports I have read claim greater, right back in the winter time.
    And there could be millions of things that affect global temprerature that scientists who want you to believe that CO2 is the great evil are not considering, at all. Like the sun for example. Did you know that according to certain criteria global warming is happening in every planet of the solar system? Now all of them have never had humans on it, so we cannot be blamed, and some of them do not even have CO2....so...as I said fishy.
    And as I said. Global Warming might be a fact. But scientists are doing a poor job of proving it to my satisfaction. And frankly, based on the evidence, a lot more people should be looking at things and saying...wait a minute.
    I am all for protecting the environment. But I will not be conned into it.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post

LOL that's not right.... That video was just different..... Cool song though
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        Maybe they should have.
        Let me ask you a question. Do you know of the political bias that exists in the global warming debate?
        You mean the extreme bias against Global Warming? Because believe me, no one wants it to be true, and trying to convince people it is true if it weren't would suit no one.

Comment

What about the facts since you like to call these such that those studies were done in the summer when ice caps are supposed to be melting and then they grew right back to their normal size, and some of the reports I have read claim greater, right back in the winter time.
          And there could be millions of things that affect global temprerature that scientists who want you to believe that CO2 is the great evil are not considering, at all. Like the sun for example. Did you know that according to certain criteria global warming is happening in every planet of the solar system? Now all of them have never had humans on it, so we cannot be blamed, and some of them do not even have CO2....so...as I said fishy.
          And as I said. Global Warming might be a fact. But scientists are doing a poor job of proving it to my satisfaction. And frankly, based on the evidence, a lot more people should be looking at things and saying...wait a minute.
          Why would scientists want the world to believe in a phenomena that doesn't exist? And why would government, who stand to lose billions, go along with it? Honestly, all this conspiracy theory crap is just ridiculous, use a bit of common sense.

Comment

You do realise that I'm talking about measurable changes that have happened over many, many years not over a single summer.

That, what you described (using only one summer's data) is bad science. One summer does not equal a trend. You can tell exactly nothing by looking at the data gather over one summer or even one year.

We're not talking about what happens on other planets, we're talking about what's happening on this one. I don't care what happens on other planets because it has absolutely zero connection what what's happening on Earth.

Global warming and global cooling are natural trends for Earth. They are naturally occurring cycles of climate change the figures of which have been measured for thousands of years. We have these figures. We also have evidence that for some reason the global warming trend has been accelerated. When we compare the climate change trend of our time with that of previous cycles, the Earth is warming at an increased rate.

And yes, excess CO2 is a problem. Take a look at atmospheric CO2 figures from the pre-industrial era and compare it to now and tell me what you see.

I would like to see examples of this bad science that is so unconvincing for you.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Why would scientists want the world to believe in a phenomena that doesn't exist? And why would government, who stand to lose billions, go along with it? Honestly, all this conspiracy theory crap is just ridiculous, use a bit of common sense.
              I am using common sense. And common sense is screaming at me that there is not something right about the whole thing on 'man made global warming' It is just insulting.
              And what would they have to gain? Votes. That is right, votes, and since I pushed you in the right direction, let us see if you can come up with the rest.

Comment

You mean the extreme bias against Global Warming? Because believe me, no one wants it to be true, and trying to convince people it is true if it weren't would suit no one.

Comment

I am using common sense. And common sense is screaming at me that there is not something right about the whole thing on 'man made global warming'
                  What exactly?

And what would they have to gain? Votes. That is right, votes, and since I pushed you in the right direction, let us see if you can come up with the rest.
                  Votes for whom exactly? Is there someone running for a position of power I don't know about who's entire platform is based on the concept of Global Warming and Climate Change?
                  sigpic

Comment

What exactly?

Votes for whom exactly? Is there someone running for a position of power I don't know about who's entire platform is based on the concept of Global Warming and Climate Change?
                    No...because such a platform and such a system is doomed to failure. You cannot just run on one thing, or one aspect, or one plat form. Obviously you would not appeal to enough voters. Even the ones who believe that we are the great evil doers for contributing to the death of this planet. They are a lot more likely to vote for someone who is for universal healthcare, allowing gays to marry, and 'defeating global warming', as an example.

Comment

I am using common sense. And common sense is screaming at me that there is not something right about the whole thing on 'man made global warming' It is just insulting.
                      Rubbish. Votes? I'll tell you what would get them votes, coming right out and proving to the world that Global Warming is a myth, telling everyone that they're not going to raise taxes and spend billions on prevention, that everything will be fine and they have nothing to worry about. That's what would get them votes, but of course Global Warming isn't a myth, and no one other than a few corporate funded hacks are trying to discredit it.

Comment

No...because such a platform and such a system is doomed to failure. You cannot just run on one thing, or one aspect, or one plat form. Obviously you would not appeal to enough voters. Even the ones who believe that we are the great evil doers for contributing to the death of this planet. They are a lot more likely to vote for someone who is for universal healthcare, allowing gays to marry, and 'defeating global warming', as an example.
                        You are studiously avoiding all my requests for proof of this bad science with regard to Global Warming and Climate Change.

I won't simply take your word for it, so if you want this discussion to actually go somewhere, how about pointing me in the direction of some quality reading like I did you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Rubbish. Votes? I'll tell you what would get them votes, coming right out and proving to the world that Global Warming is a myth, telling everyone that they're not going to raise taxes and spend billions on prevention, that everything will be fine and they have nothing to worry about. That's what would get them votes, but of course Global Warming isn't a myth, and no one other than a few corporate funded hacks are trying to discredit it.
                          *raises eyebrows* you are completly right. And also what would get them votes is instilling fear in the population, and then by saying that they are the only ones that can fix the problem, and that there oponents are a bunch of baffoons who will not. Fear. That is how they can get them, and this is just another boogeyman in the closet.
                          and right. So all those NASA scientists and people around the world are incorrect? What makes you so right?

Comment

So all those NASA scientists and people around the world are incorrect? What makes you so right?
                            Dude, you can't arbitrarily make those sorts of comments. I'd like to see these published papers by NASA scientists discrediting Global Warming.
                            sigpic

Comment

You are studiously avoiding all my requests for proof of this bad science with regard to Global Warming and Climate Change.

I won't simply take your word for it, so if you want this discussion to actually go somewhere, how about pointing me in the direction of some quality reading like I did you.
                              People like back it Up with facts. And Rush Limbaugh. Start from there. In fact Rush said he would have a wonderful thing, listing sources, on exactly the evidence dissproving it. Take a look. Now I know that this is not a lot. But A. I do not remember nearly all the scientists names that have been sited or I have read, that one guy in particular, but you asked for a step in the direction, and that is it.

Comment

Dude, you can't arbitrarily make those sorts of comments. I'd like to see these published papers by NASA scientists discrediting Global Warming.
                                I do not remember the guys name. I wish I did. And it seems to work for them when they can arbitrarily say that global warming is fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X