Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will somebody tell me if i classify as a geek?
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not a geek... but, I will say one thing.

More power to ya!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Uh geeky but got a 68% on the physics B exam. I think my geekyness has just dropped a notch.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfax View Post
          Will somebody tell me if i classify as a geek?
          i don't know, what are some geeky and ungeeky things about you?
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
            Uh geeky but got a 68% on the physics B exam. I think my geekyness has just dropped a notch.
            I got an A for a Quantum Physics essay I wrote during the second year of my model design and special effects course, without ever taking a Quantum Physics class!! Is that geeky enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              I got an A for a Quantum Physics essay I wrote during the second year of my model design and special effects course, without ever taking a Quantum Physics class!! Is that geeky enough?
              why did you write a Quantum Physics essay for a model design and special effects course?
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

to explain laser cutter technology The essay part of the course (at the time) was entitled 'The History of Technology'

Comment

lol, that sounds cool actually, i thought you might have done a "Cadet Hayley" and written an essay completely unrelated to the assignment
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  Quotes!
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually the tutor did complain about the first half of the essay being too technical and unrelated to the core issue of the subject

Comment

But you still got an A, and that's all that matter right
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      Quotes!
                      sigpic

Comment

But does it make me geeky enough to join the Geek rebellion?

Comment

i'm sure it does i think,
                          this really raises the issue of what is the difference between nerdy and geeky. my assumption always was that nerds are always overtly smart regardless of their stance on sci-fi fandom, and geeks were overtly into sci-fi fandom regardless of how smart they were...
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

OK! if you think your a geek you're probably a geek. geeks are the only ones who question their geekishness. if your not sure if your a geek or a nerd, however, you need only ask one question; What's more important the quest for knowledge or the quest for enjoyment from sci-fi and fantasy.
                            geeks can be nerdish and nerds can be geekish but your usually more of one than the other.

Now in the literal sense, you need to bite the head off a live chicken for the amusement of others, to be a geek. but the modern definition is far different (us).
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

nerds are still welcome though
                              sigpic

Comment

i'm still waiting for the rebellion, whenever you guys are ready...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X