This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only boy in America...

...whose mother won't let him do his own laundry?

I just find this a bit odd...I try to do it myself and she goes nuts!
    Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
    Check out my Flickr

Whoa, that is odd. Mother over-protective of the washing-machine much?

Comment

Heh, I've been doing my own laundry since I was 10 or 11.

Comment

it is weird...sometimes when she's not around I can get away with doing a load or two, but otherwise...*shudders*
        Check out my Flickr

Comment

Mine refused to teach me so that when I went to college and moved away (but was still in the same town), I would HAVE to come back and visit so I'd have clean clothes. I'm three years into it now, so I'm probably just going to find an online guide hear real quick lol. But really, I feel for you.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I self taught my self to wash my own clothes I was like... I think 9 years old...I grabbed a little foot stool and got on top of the washing machine and looked at all the buttons and determined how to use it.. I've been doing my launder ever since..... ... (hehe knew how to use a dishwasher at 6 years olf ) still can't use a stove though..... more or less because they scare me

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post

You are likely the only one in the world who finds it a reason to complain though
              Last edited by Womble; 01 October 2007, 02:05 AM.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Womble has a point..... Laundry is troublesome... you should be happy....

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jumper View Post
                  Womble has a point..... Laundry is troublesome... you should be happy....
                  Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                    Mine refused to teach me so that when I went to college and moved away (but was still in the same town), I would HAVE to come back and visit so I'd have clean clothes. I'm three years into it now, so I'm probably just going to find an online guide hear real quick lol. But really, I feel for you.
                    Whites go separate.
                    Reds and all the rest go with darks
                    warm/cold setting almost always
                    Tide/Gain/"insert other brandname here" (full cup, sometimes two if it's a huge load)
                    Run
                    Throw in dryer, 60 min.

Now there are things that are a bit more different than that. You'll probably wash your bed mattress and have the dryer air dry it for you.

Check the flint trap from time to time. The dryer doesn't work too good if that thing's full.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post

If you're desperate for laundry, you can do mine!

Comment

Uhm, why would you want to do anythign more than strictly necessary ?

Comment

i never did mine until i moved out and had no other choice, but my love of routine means i always get it done
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

for everyone asking why I'm complaining, it's just because I feel like she's trying to stave off independence as long as she can. I could handle myself if someone would hire me for a job...got one more year until I'm really wanted anywhere...
                            Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese

well I'm not married & I still live at my parents' so obviously my ma does to my laundry, otherwise who else ?

Comment

Working...
                              X