Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG the straw was amazing. Squicky but not. Love the tension in that one.
    sigpic

Comment

More Dr Who whump:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        I will dig out some more ep titles for you.... it's just there's so many eps over 9 seasons that it's hard to remember which ones were which and what the titles were!

Oh you HAVE to check out Due South! a) It was an awesome show with a lovely quirky sense of humour, b) Brendan Fraser (the Mountie) was GORGEOUS!!! and c) it had some pretty good whump!

Good whumpy eps are (in airing order):
        Spoiler:
        Season 1 - Manhunt (Fraser gets stabbed in the leg and ends up in hospital!) - Hawk and a Handsaw (Fraser deliberately gets himself committed (to go undercover) and is locked in a padded room in a straightjacket (and manages to escape!)) - The Deal (Fraser gets beaten up by mobsters) - Victoria's Secret Parts I & II (emotional angst and Fraser gets shot!) - Letting Go (Fraser spends the entire ep in hospital after having been shot!)

Season 2 - North (Fraser and Ray are stranded in the wilderness after a plane crash and a blow to the head has left Fraser blind) - Bird in the Hand (Fraser gets shot) - The Duel (Fraser is kidnapped by a vengeful ex-con out to get Ray) - Flashback (Fraser hits his head and loses his memory)
        Fraser whump. I forgot all about that, used to love that show

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
        Well I think that you will!!!!!

While my photobucket is open - Logan whump!!!
        Nice

Manhunt, Letting Go and North are the Due South eps I would most recommend from that list.. lovely whump (especially Letting Go... in terms of whump, that ep is like the Due South equivalent of 38 Minutes... the entire situation involves whump, from start to finish! )
        You know I have had to go put x-files on now, gonna watch Jersey Devil I think

Comment

All this talk about other whumps makes me want to pull out the Farscape DVDs and watch some Crichton whump. I have not seen the whole series but I did like what I saw.

My one and only screen cap (for now). I will go on a hunt for more.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
            You know I have had to go put x-files on now, gonna watch Jersey Devil I think
            I'd think about it but I think hubby's watching Sean of the Dead on TV downstairs... *sulks*

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
            All this talk about other whumps makes me want to pull out the Farscape DVDs and watch some Crichton whump. I have not seen the whole series but I did like what I saw.
            Doesn't it absolutely make you nostalgic for previous whump?

Oooh, here's some Dresden Files whump:

sigpic

Comment

Well I am shattered gonna go watch x-files, then maybe spooks, ok so not much sleeping planned even if I am shattered

Mulder Whump from Deep Throat (spoiler tags for dial up friendly)
              Spoiler:

Comment

Why do you like to see them as they suffer?
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  Why do you like to see them as they suffer?
                  If you don't "get" whump or understand whump then I would respectfully suggest that this is not the thread for you. This thread is for people to talk about, post pictures of, and generally enjoy whump. It's not for us to have to try and explain whump to other people.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, I forgot one. Baldwin whump on The 4400. They whumped him almost into oblivion this season.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana
                    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Oh I am there!!! My first and main whump is of course Shep Whump, but in other shows, I seem to manage to find a man worth whumping. Mulder In X-Files, Adam in Spooks, Dean in SPN. It actually goes way back to when I was young, before I even knew it was called whump, Lucas in Seaquest (sorry I was young) oh and there was another show I vaguely remember, something about a time travelling cop, was he called Darrian or something?.... anyway the show wasn't all that great but the whump was enjoyable

Nice That would also make me very happy
                      I think that show was called Time Trax. I used to love Lucas too.

Oh I would be very interested, what channel is it on? I am always up for whump cap away hun ah ok so Tony is played by the same guy as Logan?

I really do hope we get some good Adam whump, it would be fab.

Tom whump was few and far between, nothing good enough for a hospital stay. Wasn't he shot in an ep but it hit his vest so he just got bruised, damn bullet proof vests. What else, he was near an explosion and it damaged his hearing, but never saw any fall out from it, there must have been more than that surely?? Will have to get my spooks dvd's out and take a look. The episodes towards the end of his stint were he was set up had potential but never made it, there was a nice scene where he had been drugged and he was all wobbly, but damn it not a hint of blood

Wasn't there an episode of CSI Las Vegas where Nick got pushed out of a window? and ended up in hospital? that was good, seem to remember something about a stalker. I also loved the Quentin Tarantino was it called Grave Danger??
                      I've never seen Spooks, but I just started watching Dark Angel and haven't seen much Logan whump yet. Loved CSI where Nick was pushed out the window, it was called Stalker. I absolutely loved Grave Danger.

I will dig out some more ep titles for you.... it's just there's so many eps over 9 seasons that it's hard to remember which ones were which and what the titles were!

Oh you HAVE to check out Due South! a) It was an awesome show with a lovely quirky sense of humour, b) Brendan Fraser (the Mountie) was GORGEOUS!!! and c) it had some pretty good whump!

Good whumpy eps are (in airing order):
                      Spoiler:
                      Season 1 - Manhunt (Fraser gets stabbed in the leg and ends up in hospital!) - Hawk and a Handsaw (Fraser deliberately gets himself committed (to go undercover) and is locked in a padded room in a straightjacket (and manages to escape!)) - The Deal (Fraser gets beaten up by mobsters) - Victoria's Secret Parts I & II (emotional angst and Fraser gets shot!) - Letting Go (Fraser spends the entire ep in hospital after having been shot!)

Season 2 - North (Fraser and Ray are stranded in the wilderness after a plane crash and a blow to the head has left Fraser blind) - Bird in the Hand (Fraser gets shot) - The Duel (Fraser is kidnapped by a vengeful ex-con out to get Ray) - Flashback (Fraser hits his head and loses his memory)
                      I'm going to have to borrow my sister's DVD's and watch them again. Oh and she just told me she's going to be giving me her Farscape DVD's I am seeing some Crichton whumping in my future.
                      sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                      &
                      AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                        Oh, I forgot one. Baldwin whump on The 4400. They whumped him almost into oblivion this season.

Oh I havent watched 4400!

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                        I think that show was called Time Trax. I used to love Lucas too.

I've never seen Spooks, but I just started watching Dark Angel and haven't seen much Logan whump yet. Loved CSI where Nick was pushed out the window, it was called Stalker. I absolutely loved Grave Danger.

I'm going to have to borrow my sister's DVD's and watch them again. Oh and she just told me she's going to be giving me her Farscape DVD's I am seeing some Crichton whumping in my future.

The Logan whump is awesome - it really saved me from going totally mad during the summer waiting for S4.

Thanks for all the whumpy caps everyone!!!!

Comment

Had a quick flick through an X-Files episode guide to refresh my memory and good whumpy eps I would recommend are (there are lots more than this - eps with bits of whump in here and there etc - but these are good ones):

Season 1
                          Jersey Devil - Physical whump (and chest peekage):

Ice - angsty whump
                          Fire - smoke inhalation whump
                          Beyond the Sea - Shot whump!

Season 3
                          The Blessing Way - Near death whump

Season 4
                          Paper Hearts – angsty whump
                          Tunguska / Terma - captured / experimented on whump
                          Demons - angsty whump and physical (headaches and hallucinations) whump!

Season 5
                          Unusual Suspects - Psychotic whump
                          The Pine Bluff Variant - angsty whump and physical (broken finger!) whump
                          Folie a Deux - Psychotic whump.. restrained in hospital bed!

Season 6
                          Monday
                          - Shot whump!

Season 7
                          The Sixth Extinction / The Sixth Extinction II - Psychotic whump, in hospital, experimented on whump!
                          Brand X - Deadly illness whump
                          sigpic

Comment

Had a quick flick through an X-Files episode guide to refresh my memory and good whumpy eps I would recommend are (there are lots more than this - eps with bits of whump in here and there etc - but these are good ones):

Season 1
                            Jersey Devil - Physical whump (and chest peekage):
                            http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...vil/Whump5.jpg
                            http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...il/Whump16.jpg
                            Ice - angsty whump
                            Fire - smoke inhalation whump
                            Beyond the Sea - Shot whump!

Season 3
                            The Blessing Way - Near death whump

Season 4
                            Paper Hearts – angsty whump
                            Tunguska / Terma - captured / experimented on whump
                            Demons - angsty whump and physical (headaches and hallucinations) whump!

Season 5
                            Unusual Suspects - Psychotic whump
                            The Pine Bluff Variant - angsty whump and physical (broken finger!) whump
                            Folie a Deux - Psychotic whump.. restrained in hospital bed!

Season 6
                            Monday
                            - Shot whump!

Season 7
                            The Sixth Extinction / The Sixth Extinction II - Psychotic whump, in hospital, experimented on whump!
                            Brand X - Deadly illness whump
                            Oh awesome - I will hunt those eps down!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                              Oh awesome - I will hunt those eps down!!!!!!
                              Definitely watch Beyond the Sea from Season 1... one of my fave Mulder whump eps! He gets shot and you get hospital scenes and everything!

Heeee... the ongoing discussion on the Shep Whump thread reminded me of another whump I used to love.... MacGyver whump! Ooooh he got some good whump in his day!
                              sigpic

Comment

Definitely watch Beyond the Sea from Season 1... one of my fave Mulder whump eps! He gets shot and you get hospital scenes and everything!

Heeee... the ongoing discussion on the Shep Whump thread reminded me of another whump I used to love.... MacGyver whump! Ooooh he got some good whump in his day!
                                Okay - I will get hold of that one first!

Oh yes MacGyver whump

Comment

Working...
                                X