This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ivan

Geeesh another hurriucane. I hope none of you are in its path. I am in Georgia close to the Alabama line and their saying power outages are likely for my area tommorrow. We also own a house in Panama city beach Florida and so we are hoping it will be o.k.

God bless if your in its path.
    My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Just a quick note. I was just watching the weather channal and a tornado touched down a mile from our house in Panama city and was haeaded toward a subdivision called Baypoint and our house in right next to that subdivision.
    My website

Comment

There seem to be one hell of a lot of hurricanes in that part of the world this year! Good luck people.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Yes lots of hurricanes around here this year. I just seen the news and all we know is a store that is less than 1/2 a mile from our house was destroyed by the tornado. We still know nothing about if our house is ok.
        My website

Comment

I hope your house survived the ravages of Ivan Faith. Also, to all who might be affected by Ivan: Good luck and I hope you make it through this okay.
          Rocky

Comment

Thanks, we still no nothing. The police dept in Panama city is still not out on the streets as there are to many tonados and high winds. All we can do is HOPE all is ok.
            My website

Comment

I was just turn to the Weather Channel and they said a tornado touched down in Madison Co, GA. I hope it isn't near where you are Faith. But my thoughts and prayers are with you and those in the way of Ivan, and also those who has already been hit.

Comment

I live in Paulding county. I am north of atlanta toward the alabama line. We got really high winds for hours yesterday. Trees blown down everywhere. Our power has been out till just now and its 4.24 am. Bless those power guys working at night as when I woke up when the power came on I came to my room and I have a huge ornada fish and well he was upside down barely breathing. So i poked him a few times and he revived. So i think he gonna make it. I paid $30 for this fish this is how special a fish he is. LOL

anyway we have a generator and was able to watch tv up til late last night when we ran out of gas for it.

We still dont know about if our house in floirida is still standing or what damage it has. We do know from the weather channel that a resturant a mile from us was destroyed. So we are worried. The panama city police dept said to call back today and they would send a police officer to check on our house so we will see.

Anyway it has been a ruff 24 hours but all is well. This was a bad bad storm and scary. You could hear the windows about to bust yesterday here. Even if we lost out house in Panama city we are alive and that is what counts!

Thank You all for being so caring.

Love,
                April aka Faith
                My website

Comment

In the UK we've been watching all these nasty hurricanes from over the pond. They look real nasty especially that honking juggernaught that is Ivan. I feel really sorry for all you guys stuck in these hurricanes, they just seem to keep coming.

It's also bad because the rain seems to come over to the UK and do the nasty "hang around in the sky being all grey and nasty for ages" routine. Hope you're all ok.

Comment

I have spent all morning looking up some of our neighbors phone numbers that live in our subdivision in florida. I looked up channel 7 news as one of our neighbors does the sports for them. So i called this morning to the news station and was able to leave a message to that guy and he just called back and OUR HOUSE IS O.K.Thankgod! He said that go a half a milke and it looks like a war zone. We were very lucky.
                    My website

Comment

Blimey that's really lucky! I feel bad for all those people that will have lost their homes though, at least yours is ok and the nerves of not knowing will have subdued.

Comment

I have a friend who's entire university was evacuated except for her lab (they do the Mad Cow testing for the south east). At least we know that we wont be getting BSE, even if people were put in danger to find out

I'm getting Ivan now, what's left of it, as very heavy rains. Wich is kind of ironic given that I'm preparing to watch The Storm tonight on Atlantis. Or at least tape it. I loath waiting for cliffhangers and i'm debating just taping and not watching it for a few months.

Comment

Working...
                        X