No announcement yet.

The GLBT and GSA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read that out to my mum, who just said, "why on earth would anyone choose to be gay. To put themselves through that?"

I do dislike the sexuality is a choice stance.
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

well that cements it... i know who i'm voting for next month....
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh for cryin' out loud! Please, dear US-citizens, vote Obama! Please!

I didn't choose to be gay... It's who I frakkin' am.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
          What century does this woman live in, for ****'s sake:

http://rodonline.typepad.com/rodonli...says-homo.html

She really needs to do some Real Research, besides the Bible before speaking.
          That is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Sure you can make a choice regarding whether or not you accept that you are gay but that certainly doesn't mean you can choose whether you are gay or not. I, personally, couldn't live with myself if I tried to be anything other than myself... but choosing your sexuality... sheesh!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
            What century does this woman live in, for ****'s sake:

http://rodonline.typepad.com/rodonli...says-homo.html

She really needs to do some Real Research, besides the Bible before speaking.
            Well of all the ridicules things to say! Silly woman!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

And see you know what scares me the most is that America will not vote for Obama just for that reason, cause lets face it, America is totally against gay. Granted not everyone but lots of them... especially politici.

And true no one chooses to be gay, I mean it is who you are. You think I would choose for this?? sorry sweetie, nothing against you but you of all people should know why I say that.
              I mean I have loads of friends, not to mention strangers looking at you, or even talking to you, to tell you how wrong you are... oh not to mention what some people in cars do
              I love my girlfriend sooo much. I love her more then anything and I don't wanna trade it for the world but being gay isn't a discission you make. It is who you are, and everything that comes with it.

It would be easier though if people would just accept though...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                And true no one chooses to be gay, I mean it is who you are. You think I would choose for this?? sorry sweetie, nothing against you but you of all people should know why I say that.
                I mean I have loads of friends, not to mention strangers looking at you, or even talking to you, to tell you how wrong you are... oh not to mention what some people in cars do
                I love my girlfriend sooo much. I love her more then anything and I don't wanna trade it for the world but being gay isn't a discission you make. It is who you are, and everything that comes with it.

It would be easier though if people would just accept though...
                That's okay. I understand. I know it bothers you a lot more than it does me but I was lucky as all of my friends accepted that I am gay and don't treat me any differently at all. Also I don't currently understand what the people shout at us. But I get the gist of it... It doesn't really bother me but I know it does a lot of people and life would be so much easier if people were less prejudice and let people live their lives however they want to. Being gay doesn't cause anyone any harm so there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I can accept people for who or what they are providing it doesn't hurt anyone... So why can't everyone else?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                  And see you know what scares me the most is that America will not vote for Obama just for that reason, cause lets face it, America is totally against gay. Granted not everyone but lots of them... especially politici.
                  Right... what was I thinking?
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Some people say it's a choice, because then it can be "fixed". And if it can be fixed then the gay person can change and they don't have to accept it or learn to live with the way people are. This absolves them of any reason to change their behaviour and puts all the problems back on the gay person.
                    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

i just wanted to say hi to people of this thread

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

sorry but this has to be quoted for truth even tho i am not a U.S citizen but i did not choose to be bi either
                      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 29 November 2008, 09:01 PM.
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Going way way back to the whole....vote for Obama..and there are people out there who will not vote for him just because he is for gay rights.
                        What about all those hundreds upon hundreds of people who vote for him just based on his skin color?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                          i just wanted to say hi to people of this thread

sorry but this has to be quoted for truth even tho i am not a U.S citizen but i did not choose to be bi either
                          hey kenny! thanks for stopping by... this place has been a bit dead lately, but feel free to post well just about everything

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                          Going way way back to the whole....vote for Obama..and there are people out there who will not vote for him just because he is for gay rights.
                          What about all those hundreds upon hundreds of people who vote for him just based on his skin color?
                          i don't believe that you should for a person based on their ethnicity or their religion, but where they stand on important issues... i don't like that a good percentage of Obama's votes came from racially motivated voting, but at the same time, i'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth... my candidate won, and tho i voted based on the issues, i'm not gonna question how he won.... well unless some sort of corruption scandal breaks out....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                            hey kenny! thanks for stopping by... this place has been a bit dead lately, but feel free to post well just about everything

i don't believe that you should for a person based on their ethnicity or their religion, but where they stand on important issues... i don't like that a good percentage of Obama's votes came from racially motivated voting, but at the same time, i'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth... my candidate won, and tho i voted based on the issues, i'm not gonna question how he won.... well unless some sort of corruption scandal breaks out....
                            so its the glbt cantina?
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post

I believe you are probably well aquainted with my opinion about him.
                              But yeah, this was a really nice post all and all. And I would have probably felt the same had McCain won, for whatever reason he did. So, thank you for not chewing me out for which in hindsight might have not been the smartest of posts.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                                so its the glbt cantina?
                                pretty much... if you read back, most of what we talk about are coming out stories, crushes we may have developed, the stupid things ppl have said or done when they found out our orientation... or the occasional article we think is worth sharing

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                                I believe you are probably well aquainted with my opinion about him.
                                But yeah, this was a really nice post all and all. And I would have probably felt the same had McCain won, for whatever reason he did. So, thank you for not chewing me out for which in hindsight might have not been the smartest of posts.
                                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it."
                                --Voltaire

quite possibly one of my most favourite quotes... besides this is a place where you don't have to be afraid to state your opinions... we try to be fairly open-minded here
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X