• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Anyone alive over here?
    *jumps up and down*

I am.

And so is PH though still blocked from Gateworld.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I am skeptical of PH's claim.

Jelgate will support you if you support his right to marry bacon
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Until death (or the BBQ) do you part...

Comment

"Six Republicans joined 52 Democrats in voting against Judge Bork, while 2 Democrats, David L. Boren of Oklahoma and Ernest F. Hollings of South Carolina, joined the 40 Republicans who voted in his favor."

Noted serial sexual harasser Senator Bob Packwood (Republican - Oregon) said that at least three and as many as five Republicans would vote against Bork's confirmation.

The New York Times has a great article on Robert Bork archived here, that detail several matters concerning Robert Bork's decidedly misguided views and opinions on race, equal rights and other matters.

"Man, I hope you are alive long enough for the next democratic senate, and they pull the same garbage the right has done with voter suppression, gerrymandering, and all of the rest of the crap and get a republican POTUS.
          They won't let him fart without a permission form because you have raised the bar from questioning, to outright denial."

I completely agree, as a former clueless, uninformed Republican -or, what is commonly referred to as a Republican, who went on to volunteer for the Obama campaign.
          "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Wow, this guy is some piece of work...

Judge Bork denounces a long line of decisions going back 60 years and more that establish a right of married people to use contraceptives; a right of people not to be sterilized against their will; a right to marry, establish a home and bear children; a right to be taught a foreign language and a right of parents to send their children to private schools.
            ... what?!? Excuse me...

...when Congress has legislated to promote black equality Judge Bork has frequently argued that Congress's efforts are unconstitutional or interfere with whites' ''liberty'' to discriminate.

Comment

https://www.hrc.org/blog/historic-ny...nation-act-ban

This is finally passed in NY
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
              Originally posted by Jonzey
              Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jebus View Post
                Yeah, I saw that. NY is going to be doing a lot of progressive stuff for the foreseeable future. I have no problem with this, but in this state, it's quite unneeded. NY is already friendly to such folks.

Comment

Knew about the conversion ban... Didn't know they also added gender identity to the anti-discrimination laws. Seemed logical that it would already be covered but language is open to interpretation of course.

Comment

alrite I've decided to come out:

Spoiler:
                    I'm FH-compatible

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      alrite I've decided to come out:

Spoiler:
                      I'm FH-compatible
                      Always knew you were strange.

Comment

Saw that one coming a mile away
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          Always knew you were strange.
                          Never had any doubt.

Comment

Ok, what is the deal here?

Batwoman: Ruby Rose Addresses Backlash Around Not Being "Lesbian Enough"

Ok, so Batwoman is a gay character, and has been since inception as far as I know. Who cares what the characters' orientation is? I wouldn't think that one's sexual orientation would have much to do with the ability to be a heroine or hero.

And they've cast a gay actress to play the role. Again, who cares? The actress is playing a part written by other people, she's just saying the words handed to her in script. How does the orientation of the actress matter?

So what is this crap about "not being gay enough"?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              So what is this crap about "not being gay enough"?
                              I literally have no idea what "gay enough" means in the first place...

Comment

Been watching "Law & Order" reruns as of late, and one ep seems relevant to this thread.

The episode "Ain't No Love" (S13 E15) is the perfect presentation of how a gender bender character should be played.

ADA Serena Southerlyn was fired at the end of the episode after having many misgivings about the prosecutions she and the DA's office in general were carrying out over several previous episodes. Seems she was a little too emotional and her feelings were often on the side of the defendant, not a good place for a prosecuting attorney's head to be at.

During the final scene, when Branch drops the hammer, Serena is stunned. Serena then surprises everyone by asking "Is this because I'm a lesbian?", which of course, he reassures her that it's not.

But what I find so appropriate is that the sexual preference of an ADA has absolutely nothing to do with her job, or her performance of that job. So the creators of the show never mentioned her preference during her 4? year run on the show, presumably because it didn't matter at all.
                                Last edited by Annoyed; 18 June 2019, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X