The GLBT and GSA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    why 2 acronyms for the title instead of just 1?
    huh?
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

why 2 acronyms for the title instead of just 1?
      Because each of those acronyms represents something different. Why is your username made up of two words mashed together, instead of just one?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
        huh?
        The thread title..

GLBT.. which makes me think about sandwiches and GSA who are those people at the airport with the latex gloves..

Comment

i'm sorry, but he's only just nao noticed that? also, does no one read the opening post before diving in anymore?
          sigpic

Comment

i'm sorry, but he's only just nao noticed that? also, does no one read the opening post before diving in anymore?
            That would require too much effort... guilty as charged.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

^ I read the opening post, it doesn't explain the 'GSA' acronym nor why 2 acronyms are used

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
              Because each of those acronyms represents something different.
              but doesn't each letter within each of those acronyms also represent something different?

Why is your username made up of two words mashed together, instead of just one?
              cause I don't like dashes & underscores

Comment

^ I did, the opening post doesn't explain the 'GSA' acronym nor why 2 acronyms are used

but doesn't each letter within each of those acronyms also represent something different?

GSA stands for Gay-Straight Allience.... i included it since this thread ins't LGBT exclusive
                sigpic

Comment

the opening post doesn't explain the 'GSA' acronym nor why 2 acronyms are used
                  GLBT = Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender
                  GSA = Gay-Straight Alliance, a group that includes GLBT people and the people who do not fall into any of those categories but who are supportive of them.

So two acronyms are used because each is the name of a different group. This thread is for members of both groups.

Why is your username made up of two words mashed together, instead of just one?
                  Try again?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

GSA stands for Gay-Straight Allience....
                    oh ok (I'd to look that up but it ain't specified if GSA involves active support or just non-opposition?)

Try again
                    hum... I've decided that this is not a good question. nope I don't like that question. in fact I absolutely loathe that question. 'tis a lousy question. answering it is out of the question
                    Spoiler:
                    but just this time SoulReaver will answer it anyway

actually it is 1 word. made up

happy? -_-

Comment

define active
                      sigpic

Comment

Good Evening all.
                        Someone asked me a question today regarding my transvestism which I thought I'd share with you. I was asked "Are you going to have the operation then? You know the operation to make you look like a woman?" I wanted to scream. The person concerned is not the sharpest tool in the box. So I explained that just because I'm a transvestite it does not mean I want to be a woman. I just like dressing like a woman.

My boss actually asked the same question when I came 'out' to him and my colleagues. And I admit that I did think about GRS when I was younger. But things happened that made me realise that I was happy as I was. I'm a transvestite and proud.

But I do think about transitioning occasionally.

I am going to ask my Area Manager a hypothetical question. About what the company procedure is for a employee who plans to transition and change their sex.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

define active
                          ie. participates in marches/demonstrations, establishes a movement and/or organization, creates topics on GW such as this one...you know, (varying degrees of) activism

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                            I am going to ask my Area Manager a hypothetical question. About what the company procedure is for a employee who plans to transition and change their sex.
                            That's an interesting question. I for one would like to know the answer when you get it.

Even I (who doesn't have this lifestyle) sometimes have to enlighten people (including my mother ) that just because someone dresses like the opposite gender, doesn't mean they want a gender changing operation...

I've even heard assumptions from people that if a person is gay, they want to be the opposite gender! Thankfully, Mum's not that bad!
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                              I've even heard assumptions from people that if a person is gay, they want to be the opposite gender!
                              If that's the case what about those who are bisexual?

A friend I used to have a long time ago once said that bisexuals just can't choose and want to enjoy both sides of the fence. I was (at the time) too shocked to come up with a decent reply so I remained silent.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                If that's the case what about those who are bisexual?
                                they want to be snails

Comment

Working...
                                X