The GLBT and GSA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    Jumpsuits are one-piece garments for children OR adults, at least here in the US and I would imagine they're the same in the UK, no?
    Yes they are the same type of one-piece garment.

Originally posted by Callista
    By "jumpsuit", do you mean a one-piece garment that has long pants and a sleeveless blouse, probably belted around the waist? Are the pants kind of flared at the bottom?
    If so, I think it depends on where you're going to wear it. If it's all black or white and a silky type of material and you're wearing it someplace fancy, you probably want heels. If it's more of a summery-beachy kind of thing, maybe some espadrilles or something. I don't think boots would go. Also, it depends on the length. If the pants are flared and kind of silky, you probably want them to just about touch the ground, so you'd wear shoes with a heel that would work with that. Now, when reading my advice, please bear in mind that a fair portion of my clothes are older than my kids (one of whom is in high school). So, maybe you don't want to listen to me.
    You've got it Callista. And I'll take any advice given.The pants are slightly flared on both pieces and are floor length. And they do feel great when I tried them on.

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee
    I'd say that with a summer type of jumpsuit, nice sandals would go well. Definitely not boots, though.
    Sandals, that sounds intresting. And would also be a departure from what I'm used to wearing. As I tend to go for either boots, Block Heeled pumps, or flats. So it looks like I'll be looking to purchase some heeled sandals then along with another pair of shoes.

I plan to wear the Black Jumpsuit to a function on the Friday evening. And wear the other suit on the Saturday. There will be pictures.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
      Your teacher sounds like he has some very stereotypical and constricted views on people...
      Oh, he most certainly has that.

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      Do I go with boots, Shoes or sandals?
      I would love to help you out but I'm a fashion disaster... and I always wear sneakers.

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
      so in short, your man is too feminine, and your woman not feminine enough.... let's do a little 3D trangendering MtF and FtM.... i'm sure your professor won't be happy with that either, but your classmates might just get a laugh out of it.... i know we sure will
      Exactly.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Block-heeled sandals might be the best route with a jumpsuit. At least, that's what I'd wear.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

So, I was surfing around trying to find an answer for Tood on the origins of Hinduism and somehow came across this site:
          http://wakingupnow.com/blog/
          (don't ask me the connection, I'm as lost as you )
          Still, I thought some of you may find it an interesting read.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

lol... that is kind of suprising.... oh a btw, my family's hindu and even i don't know the answer to that.... but i am intrigued, so if you find an answer, send it my way too
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

i like this guy.... whoever he is.... clicky

edit: and the pic i originally went looking for: clicky
              Last edited by Lilith; 25 May 2012, 03:08 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                Block-heeled sandals might be the best route with a jumpsuit. At least, that's what I'd wear.
                Ok. I'll take a look at block heeled sandals. I'm always game to try something new.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                I would love to help you out but I'm a fashion disaster... and I always wear sneakers.
                Don't worry Falcon. Wearing the Jumpsuits is a slight change for me. I generally wear skirts. Although I do have a pair of womens jeans. And for some reason I don't wear sneakers.

To everyone who has given me advice. THANK YOU...!
                If you have any more it would be welcome. And I promise you there will be pictures. Probably with a link to my deviantart gallery.

Comment

So my aunt told me something that disappointed me greatly... She's a teacher at a primary school. She teaches to kids age 6.

Every few years the schools here are checked by bigwits from the ministry so they can see that all the guides and rules are followed. This also means that they come and sit in during a lesson for an hour.

My aunt has to teach a class where the inspector will be present and she chose to teach about families - single parents, married couples, couples that live together but aren't married and gay couples. However, when she turned in her lesson he told her that wasn't something she should be teaching. So, in short she isn't allowed to teach that class... except it's exactly there in her textbooks for the kids to learn about. I was a little shocked at the narrowminded thinking. I mean, Belgium has allowed gay couples to be married for years. And then she informed me that this guy comes from a Catholic background... oh yeah, that explains a lot.

Comment

a You Tube comment from a vid involving a ST fan film
                    This gay thing totally ruined it for me. There is no need for this story line. This is just disgusting. What? exactly is the point here except to force homosexuality, which is a completely unnatural thing humanly by the way, down our throats. Hoping to wear us down until we accept it has normal. If every one was gay, the human race would be extinct!
                    sigpic
                    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      And then she informed me that this guy comes from a Catholic background... oh yeah, that explains a lot.
                      Indeed They ruin things for everyone.. They seem to think they're the only ones with the right to live their lives in the way they see fit..

YOU can't do that! It's against MY religion..

Comment

I sometimes wonder what my Religious Education teacher would think if she knew about my crossdressing. But I am happy with my choice.

Oh here's something to make you smile. I've just pledged and been accepted as a member of a TV/TS/TG Sorority called... Q T Pi. All my sisters are fellow crossdressers or MtF transexuals.

Comment

Lovely name!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            Indeed They ruin things for everyone.. They seem to think they're the only ones with the right to live their lives in the way they see fit..

YOU can't do that! It's against MY religion..

i like to reply with "and you opressing me is against MY religion! what nao bit**es?"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                              i like to reply with "and you opressing me is against MY religion! what nao bit**es?"
                              In the Immortal words of Nike (the shoe dudes, not the goddess)
                              JUST DO IT!!
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

the other fun thing i like to do is quote Monty Python "help! help!! i'm being opressed! he's opressing me!!"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X