This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with computer problem

I have a virus (Adware type) , and my Norton anti-virus tells me I have to rename it so it can be removed. To do so, it says to restart my computer and push F8 while doing so. It tells me to put my computer in safe mode, but specifically 'safe mode command prompt only'. When I get to the part where it gives the options, this is all it says:

1. Normal
    2. Logged (\BOOTLOG.TXT)
    3. Safe mode
    4. Step-by-step confirmation

There's no 'safe mode command prompt only' option, so how am I supposed to change the bloody name?

I have Window ME.

I also have Ad-Aware.

Help.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Tested spybot and http://housecall.trendmicro.com?

Doesn't work with a cmd-prompt? Or a bootdisc.

Btw. ME is the worst OS ever.

Comment

winMe is a bad os. GoodLuck you'll need it

Maybe you might want to reinstall windows.
      My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

I don't know if there is any easy way to start in the command line only with Win ME installed.
        Tripudire est irritus
        Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
        We are the Mooninites

Comment

try to download another antivirus, one that will work, like solo, you have 30 days for try and if you don't like it you can remove it, i have try norton and i don't like it cause isnted of scaning my email its blocking them, and if i deactivate the email scan there a bla bla bla about virus, well i have pccillin that scan my email and maybe solo, i have try mc cafee but you need to give info like when you register it, i wont since i just want to try and see if i like it, you should try win xp, all microsoft software are bad, some worst that other but there all bad.

Comment

Since Windows ME doesn't use NTFS, just boot into dos. Look up "dos boot disks" in google, and download a good DOS boot disk.
            sigpic

Comment

But i seriously recommend that you do one of the following:

Downgrade to Windows 98 SE

Upgrade to Windows XP.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X