Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading back in the beginning of this thread...we had such fun when this first started and the whole thing was rather lightheated nonesense just for fun. I hope it gets back to that. Hopefully, this will steer the whole rep thing back into the 'another fun thing to do' territory instead of 'vindictive snipping behind the back' territory where some had been taking it.
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      Well considering what some write in their posts and they are not ashamed of that...I doubt the red rep identification will bug them very much
      I agree. Mostly I was glad to learn that all rep senders will soon be identifiable because I get green rep from plenty of folks who forget to sign it, or even leave a message! Thus I have no clue who those nice people are, and I'd like to see who is happy with me a lot more than I care who dinged me.

Comment

I don't know that I care for the red rep being identified, just because I think it will cause retaliation when it isn't necessary...I just with people always would leave a message explaining why they gave red rep...this will most likely end red reputation.

I don't care too much either way!
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know that I care for the red rep being identified, just because I think it will cause retaliation when it isn't necessary...I just wish people always would leave a message explaining why they gave red/green rep...this will most likely end red reputation.

I don't care too much either way!
          sigpic

Comment

I actually think that if you get retailiated for a red dig, so what. The odds are that the person who does it doesn't have much in rep (do to the possible number of reds they have received) and it will be nothing much in the overall scheme of things. Of course that's an assumption on my part.
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

That's a good point. Also, with anonymity being gone I'd bet that people who hand out red prolly have enough to handle a retaliation. Newbie trolls would get sent to the naquedah mines pretty quick.
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                The only thing I'm worried about is some of the more juvenile people going on a rampage once they see who has given them red recently. But hopefully after that dies down, people will be a little bit more mature with rep. Seriously, if you tryly believe someone deserves red, is it the end of the world if they know it was you?
                I would hope too that it would die down after a while. As far as that maturity.... well... there will always be those who just thrive on participating in negging wars just as they thrive on conflict in RL.......

Hmmmm.... I just thought of one upside... next Tuesday I will get to see who gave me red in the Bias thread... that dear, sweet person who made the comment “How surprising...another Mod suck up and Shadowmaat supporter.” *shrugs* That person had the right to their opinion & I won't be negging back 'cause anyone who knows me knows I’m not the type to go neg back like that --- ‘cause I like to ‘support’ & have fun with *everyone* here … But it will be very interesting to see who had that bone to pick with me & others who stated their opinions on the thread…

*shrugs again* Anyone ready for their *suck up kiss* from me? Ready when you are….
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hmm...I have a rep I'm a little curious about too, but I think it's my very bottom one, so I doubt it'll stick out the week . Oh well .

Comment

Well I received a red rep only last week so I'm looking forward to finding out who gave it to me I think it's good thing but I have feeling retaliation war will kick off once people find out who red rep them.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Well mine was green...but I'm still curious .

Comment

Unfortunately Wass....I too think that will be the fall-out from this new *perk*...However I too hope that after the initial barage of *repping those meanies back* it will die off and the Rep system will HOPEFULLY go back to the FUN thing that it was.

All too often people seem to take even THAT aspect of the forum a bit TOO seriously and place to much worth on it. I personally LOVE all the fun and encouraging messages I get when I receive a Rep Point and THAT won't stop so I am happy.

However, I am getting a bit tired of reading so many posts that just want to abolish it because they don't want to be bothered with it at all. Turn your's (general your's) off then To many of us it is really fun AND we don't really take it all that serious because in the big scheme of life...the only person's opinion of me that matters in the long run...is my opinion of myself
                        Although I would be devestated if Feli didn't like me just because of the shoes...
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

That’s the biggest problem I see around here at the moment people are taking things to seriously I mean I have been following the other threads Mod Bias and rest. It has amazed me how people just seem to jump the gun started insulting on both sides of the arguments. I just choose to read it and not get involved I come here to relax have bit of fun and get away from many problems currently in my life I really don’t need BS here on the forum I hear that in the real world.

PS – To the person who just rep me thanks, your comment made me laugh but I’ll find out who you are very soon and I do have an idea of who you are.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I have always seen the rep system as a way of rewarding individual posters rather than a punitive system. So I've never negged anyone . If I have a problem with an individual I'd rather post than send red dings their way. But there are people who seem to thrive on negative posts it would seem. Personally, I don't think that disagreeing with someone is even a good enough reason to neg them. Bad manners perhaps but not a difference of opinion.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Although I would be devestated if Feli didn't like me just because of the shoes...
                              *grumbles*

I would like you a whole lot more if you didn't constantly threaten to steal my shoes!

Comment

*twirls around and admires The Pretty*

Look, look, my second green glowy jello square of love! Sela pushed me over 700!
                                Last edited by CoffeeGirl; 04 May 2005, 03:38 AM.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Working...
                                X