This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cronus
    Posting in off topic threads can make you very popular without adding to your posts.
    Now you see, thats something I never considered. I wonder what my post count would be if it had the 20 or so posts I made off topic down here included.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
      I retract my previous comment, having 2 green blocks does not mean that you can give green...it still looks cooler, although the title didn't change yet...maybe after 3 blocks? Anybody know?
      Yes, the block you gave me was grey, but what you wrote was sweet. Thanks.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
        Now you see, thats something I never considered. I wonder what my post count would be if it had the 20 or so posts I made off topic down here included.
        Take away about a hundred if you played the Word Game.

I'm a good example of someone who posts in Off-Topic and is still moving up in squares.
        Last edited by Hatusu; 20 March 2005, 01:47 PM.
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

On topic = 300 odd
          Off topic = at least twice that

I just love off-topic. It gives me a good break from stargate, but I don't panic because I know I can just pop straight back into general discussion if need be.
          The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
          The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
          Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
          Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
          Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

This is going to be a rant so sorry:

I hate it when random people that hate stargate come in and mess around. It just really bugs me. Like those few who came in earlier; I'd point you to the thread, but I aleady reported it and I guess the mods have done their stuff.

If you don't like stargate is it that hard to ask you not to come into a stargate forum. Its like posting an anti comment in a pro thread. Just don't do it.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.
            Preach it brother...!

(It is "brother" right...?)
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

So I could still be giving out greys even though I got my third block today?!! Shocking!
              Yours do show up green now, thanks! I think you need 3 blocks to give green, because I still can't and I know somebody that has 250+ posts and has two blocks but can't give green.

Also, I had a couple of people with big reputations give me Green and it added like over 20 points, where when you gave me positive it added like 3 or 4. Not that I appreciate either one more than the other, I like to try to post funny stuff on peoples, maybe I'll do jokes more often.
              sigpic

Comment

Warning... Do not, I repeat, do not attempt to eat, drink or smoke a cigarette while watching the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. It could be seriously hazardous to your health, your rug, your floor and, well, the dog.

*Mei Mei attempts to clean up the coffee spewed across the room while recovering from choking on cigarette smoke*

*Jumps back while Frankie growls. She is not happy about the coffee in her fur*

Comment

For those of us who live in the South that stuff can be extremely hilarious. I'm glad somebody else is finally on thsi thread tonight, I'm at work for another 3+ hours.

Do posts in this thread/off-topic all not count towards our post count...man I can't believe it took me that long to see that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bill Engvall kills me to begin with but I was watching his routine on his son's first sports physical and I made the mistake of taking a drag on my cig... I thought I would have a heart attack! Then I was watching the end of the Comedy Tour and they were doing a bunch of the "You might be a redneck" jokes and I spewed coffee!

I have one of Engvall's CD's where he talks about buying feminine products for his daughter that I still can't listen to without falling over laughing.

Comment

For those of us who live in the South that stuff can be extremely hilarious. I'm glad somebody else is finally on thsi thread tonight, I'm at work for another 3+ hours.

Do posts in this thread/off-topic all not count towards our post count...man I can't believe it took me that long to see that.
                      No posts in off topic count. It's a Stargate forum so they are encouraging you to talk Stargate instead of just chatting like we do in here.

Comment

Makes sense, I just reached 50 so let me know if the feedback I gave you was green or still blue/grey.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is going to be a rant so sorry:

I hate it when random people that hate stargate come in and mess around. It just really bugs me. Like those few who came in earlier; I'd point you to the thread, but I aleady reported it and I guess the mods have done their stuff.

If you don't like stargate is it that hard to ask you not to come into a stargate forum. Its like posting an anti comment in a pro thread. Just don't do it.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.
                          I know exactly which thread you are talking about. I started reading it, then let the mods know. I went back earlier today, hoping that the conversation turned better, but I should have known better than to hope.

Anyway, I'm glad to see something is being done about it.
                          No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Makes sense, I just reached 50 so let me know if the feedback I gave you was green or still blue/grey.
                            It was still grey
                            As of yesterday.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

It's green now...

Thanks!

Comment

Now everyone can know for sure what it takes to be able to give Green

2 Criteria:
                                1) Over 100 Reputation Points
                                2) Over 50 posts tallied

Thanks everyone! We solved the long awaited mystery!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X