This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocket4477
    I would just like to say that "magnets" are the key to fast, friendly rep. Of the three or so times I've posted the word magnets, rep has just come my way.
    *crosses fingers*....Magnets. And perhaps a little cute bunny rabbit couldn't hurt either....
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      Labyrinth?! Bite your tongue! That "boo" bit was from The Princess Bride.
      To judge by my rep comments, someone thought the 'mostly dead' bit came from Mighty Max!
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        Just a bit of random advice to throw out in to the void, aimed at nobody in particular of course, is that it's probably not wise to goad someone who has as much dirt on a person as I do on somebody I know.

Actually I really don't know how many times I've see The Princess Bride, only that it's a lot. I first saw it when I was 8 or 9 and I've watched it many more times over the years. I loves it.
        Sounds familiar. It's a source of great pride that I was able to introduce someone new to The Princess Bride last year.

You know, I heard a rumour that there's a bit in the third quarter of The Princess Bride where there are no truly quotable lines for five minutes straight. I can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
          Miracle Max: "There's a big difference between mostly dead, and all dead. Mostly dead: He's slightly alive. All dead, well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do - go through his clothes and look for loose change."
          AH! Yes, Miracle Max would make far more sense than Mighty Max. Okay, maybe my repper did know what they were on about. Is it a comforting thought that TPB was not mistaken for a cartoon or a worrying one that I just couldn't read Miracle Max right?

Unfortunately, that rep is gone from my screen, so I shall never know if they typed it wrong or if I just had a protracted senior moment.

At the age of 28.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
            So what have we learned? Magnets really attract abstract things and egos don't really grow big ...

... Except in the unfortunate case of my substitute Martial Arts teacher who, suffice to say, had a pretty big head.
            Which in the frenetic world of the arts martial, must surely be a liability.

Comment

I have just woken up and decided to check out the forum I received rep point from someone with the message below which has really upset me. I’m assuming it was red rep from newbie because it turned gray.

“**** YOU ANGLOMOTHER****ER! SUCK A COCK, SLIME!”

The thread where I received the rep from.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...990#post324990
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                I have just woken up and decided to check out the forum I received rep point from someone with the message below which has really upset me. I’m assuming it was red rep from newbie because it turned gray.

“**** YOU ANGLOMOTHER****ER! SUCK A COCK, SLIME!”
                That doesn't really seem to be a reasoned response to your post, does it? Not that there are many things that could be a reasoned response to, except possibly the question: "What's the most unreasonable thing you can think of to say in response to anything? Barring gibberish."

I wouldn't worry about it. Drop the reps a line, since this is clearly more than just a difference of opinion, then go back to bed and dream of offensive, anglophobe morons writhing in a lake of white-hot spelling differences.

Edit: Except, of course, you're in England, so you probably have to get up and stuff, so daydream.

Comment

Thanks for the Advice Mr P I'm going have some breakfast and then come back PM one of the mods don't know which one is around at the moment see what they say. It was the use of language that upset me more then any thing else. I have feeling I know who it might be but not 100% sure I'll wait for the mods response first before I get my rail-gun out to teach him/her a lesson never mess with the British.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Thanks for the Advice Mr P I'm going have some breakfast and then come back PM one of the mods don't know which one is around at the moment see what they say. It was the use of language that upset me more then any thing else. I have feeling I know who it might be but not 100% sure I'll wait for the mods response first before I get my rail-gun out to teach him/her a lesson never mess with the British.
                    Leave it to the mods. They have the firepower and the sensors; when something is this clearly a personal attack, it's not going to be taken lightly. If you want proof who it is, just watch your suspect and see if they swiftly go inactive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                      Sounds familiar. It's a source of great pride that I was able to introduce someone new to The Princess Bride last year.

You know, I heard a rumour that there's a bit in the third quarter of The Princess Bride where there are no truly quotable lines for five minutes straight. I can't find it.
                      I find that very difficult to believe myself...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I don't get it either...
                        For some reason there seems to be quite a bit of nasty stuff going around lately... wonder where these creatures are emerging from...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I mean it was point less if I had said something that would have upset someone then maybe I could understand it but my post was not offensive or upsetting to anyone, anyways I PM a mod about it.

Comment

If it's from stargazers, forward it on to Darren. stargazers is roswellgray, AKA slipstream. He has physically threatened Ship Mum and myself and the matter is now, from what I understand, being investigated by the FBI. The more evidence we can get of his abusive behavior, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Hey Feli....what shoes would go best with a black dress
                              ROFLMAO! And the award for coming up with the best question goes to Tame!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                If it's from stargazers, forward it on to Darren.
                                Actually, forward it to him anyway. It's still abusive and there's a chance stargazers has already been banned and he's back under a new name.

Or if we have ANOTHER one acting up...

Comment

Working...
                                X